Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Help with new game causing computer to reboot.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SgtScott

SgtScott

Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Empty
PostSubject: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:29 am

Yesterday I purchased GRID on steam. I started the download and at 37 % my computer did the Blue screen of death. I worked fine until around 97 % downloaded when it would BSOD every 45 seconds. After hours of reserch I found by deleting the grid folder from my programs, my computer worked fine. later in the evening I tried to re-download it again. I had the exact same problem at the exact same places wwithin the download. Again I deleted the files and computer runs fine. So, I know what the problem is. I dont know how to fix it or why its happening. I have never had a program cause a problem like this.
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this in the past and how they resolved it if they did, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm no computer expert here but my guess would be that the file is somehow corrupted which is causing the problem. That's the only thing I can really think of that would screw up the download.
Back to top Go down
3rdBat

3rdBat

PostSubject: Re: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:47 am

are you able to get the error that the bsod gives you before it reboots that will help out immensely with try ing to solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
Kyitty

Kyitty

PostSubject: Re: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm

The error message during the BSOD does indeed help point us in the right direction. It often times will tell us if it's a Memory issue, CPU issue, driver crash, etc.

Because this happens during the download process, my guess is it's going to be a Memory problem. Even if the download file itself is corrupt, this should not cause Windows to crash. It should only cause an issue when Steam tries to install or run the game.

How much RAM does your system have in it?
Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:02 pm

thanks for the help ya'll> Codemasters sent me this and it seems to be working so far. Ill let you know!!!! Very Happy

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

Can you run a file called DXDIAG from your hard disc and provide us with the information from this.

To do this with Windows XP click on START then RUN.
Now type DXDIAG and click OK.

For Windows Vista or 7; click on Start and then start typing DXDIAG in the 'Start Search' box and then press Enter.

This will display the DirectX Diagnostics screen.

To send the information, simply click on the button "Save all information" and save it as a text file. All you need to do then is, attach the file you saved to the email with a description of the problem you were experiencing.

If you are unsure of this procedure, please see the link below for more detailed instructions:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/codem/dxdiag.php

Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:37 am

This did the trick WOOTTTT!!

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

Can you try the following:

1) Uninstall the game
2) Clear out your C:\Windows\Temp folder. Also clear out your c:\Documents and settings\[username]\Local settings\Temp folder
3) Run Disk Error Checking. Right click on your hard drive and select properties then tools to do this.
4) Run Defragmentation from the same menu.
5) Ensure that no background programs or utilities are running - particularly anti-virus software - by right clicking on any icons in your system tray and selecting disable/exit or the equivalent option
6) Disable your soundcard, from the device manager (let us know if need further help doing this)
7) Re-install the game
Cool Re-enable your soundcard

Let us know if this is successful.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with new game causing computer to reboot.   Help with new game causing computer to reboot. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with new game causing computer to reboot.
Page 1 of 1