Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
EA's Origin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

EA's Origin

Go down 
+6
Srinidhalaya
Ironman
Cptn Chronic
STEELHED
Yonni
-L2-
10 posters
AuthorMessage

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 am

Saw this little snippet about origin and it's not cool.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Origin-EULA-PC-Gaming-Glorified-Spyware-DRM,13285.html
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 am

First our cell phones, now our "personal computers."
Soon they'll be asking for the keys to our house!!!
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 am

"Now here’s the kicker: if EA customers don't agree to the company's snooping and sharing of private data to third parties, then they won't have access to exclusive PC games like Battlefield 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. The Origin agreement also doesn't allow the user to opt out at any time after the initial acceptance, meaning that they either must choose to share their personal information indefinitely, or not play EA's exclusive PC games at all."

no game is worth it, guess no BF3 for me!
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 am

I'll have to do some research on it..

Correct me if I am wrong because, this is one procedure I have not investigated to death.. From my understanding, companies share collected info with other companies all the time. For example, If I frequent "Guitar Center" online, guess what ads I get when I go to a website that supports ads? Not sure if this is different from what EA did with BF2142.. People threw a fit and in the end, nothing bad ever came from it.. From what I understand, Steam does this as well..

It's up to you what level of security is tolerable to you... I don't know exactly how it all works so don't chastise me for any misinformation in this post..
Back to top Go down
Cptn Chronic

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:47 pm

steam does this as well. i would rather know up front then have them do it like the goverment behind your backs.if you are not down with this then you must not have a cell phone also.
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 pm

I guess we will see what happens in the next bit, I am sure EA will explain things better, especially since this was written on Tom's Hardware.
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Meh, To put things in perspective , steam, facebook and google all collect and give info to third parties.
Back to top Go down
Srinidhalaya

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Gamespot said they just got rid of that, I thought...
Back to top Go down
SpooN11B

SpooN11B

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't think its going to be any different than any other data collection that goes on with all the other games we play. Or like Iron said, Facebook, Google, Steam....its all the same at this point. I think its just some COD fans trying to stir the pot.
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:15 am

SpooN11B wrote:
I don't think its going to be any different than any other data collection that goes on with all the other games we play. Or like Iron said, Facebook, Google, Steam....its all the same at this point. I think its just some COD fans trying to stir the pot.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
McKilla76

McKilla76

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 am

EA can wire my house with audio and video surveillance if it means I get to play BF3. JK! Laughing

McKilla76
Back to top Go down

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:13 am

Valve’s policy is self-restricted to anything on your PC directly relating to its own products. EA’s is so broad that it gives the publisher permission to scan your entire hard drive, and report back absolutely anything you may have installed, and indeed when you may use it, and then pass that information on the third parties.
I think this is what makes it different than most other apps.
Back to top Go down
CroolTool

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 am

Looks like i can reinstall origin..

http://www.fragland.net/news/Origin-EULA-changed-after-public-outrage/26654/

so they no longer threaten to sell your HDs contents to other companies, however they do intend to monitor any and all software on your computer <BTW, after reading Steams EULA and privacy policy, steam only records what programs are on your computer other then steam related files if you choose to participate in the monthly survey, not doing so does not stop you from using steam or playing any games>
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:40 pm

So they know i played Tella Tubies vs the Care Bears at 1:00 am . Call homeland security
Back to top Go down
SpooN11B

SpooN11B

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Ironman wrote:
So they know i played Tella Tubies vs the Care Bears at 1:00 am . Call homeland security

You play that too? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:17 am

I dont know what to make of all this. I am actually angry EA is ignorant enough not to for see they WILL loose customers like Yonni. On the other hand the good ole "I have nothing to hide so why should i care. "

I think this is getting into some very serious privacy law violations.

EA crossed a very big line IMHO. I bet this has been a gamble with them for quite sometime but they only had the balls to do it now because of BF3.

Shame, truly pathetic.

I will still buy BF3 and I will go long on EA this week as planned but this is a very dark side to a great company.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EA's Origin Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA's Origin   EA's Origin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA's Origin
Page 1 of 1