Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Frostbite 2.0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yonni

Yonni

Frostbite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Frostbite 2.0   Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294733/features/why-is-battlefield-3s-frostbite-20-engine-so-special/

Here, we repeat Patrick's comments in full. It's an incredible looking slice of gaming, but just wait until you hear the thing in action - just one more facet of Frostbite 2.0's capabilities...

We have been working for more than three years on Frostbite 2.0. This is of course something that we needed to build the Battlefield 3 game that we wanted to create. But what does Frostbite 2.0 actually do? Allow me to talk about some of the pillars we actually have in the engine:

The first thing that's important to mention is the Animation system. We are using a technology that has been developed within EA by EA Tech. This animation technology has been used by the FIFA games - you can see it in the actions of the players there - and it's called ANT. It really takes the first person shooter genre a big step forward and this is what we needed to build Battlefield 3.

Destruction is also a big part of Battlefield games nowadays. We're expanding it both on a macro level by being able to take down full buildings but also in the micro-destruction where you can chip away small pieces from cover, which will come into play throughout BF3.

Scale has always been a big part of Battlefield games and now we're taking that to a whole new level. Bigger landscapes, bigger cities but also a sense of difference when going indoors - showing the cities from a very tight, narrow perspective.

And then there's rendering - the wrapper that makes everything else look awesome. If you're to take this game to the next level of realism, you really need a rendering engine to support that. It has everything you could ask, including dynamic radiosity, particle lighting and much more.

Our audio is something we've been winning quite a lot of awards for and that we're very proud of. I would say we're already best in class, but in Battlefield 3 we're taking this a major step forward. Pretty cool, huh?

But Frostbite 2.0 is just tech. This is not the game - not want we want you to play. These are just the tools we are using to build the full experience of Battlefield 3. We fully hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

Frostbite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbite 2.0   Frostbite 2.0 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am

I read somewhere yesterday that there is going to be serious hand to hand combat introduced in the game as well.

Anyone know when the next video is due out.

Edit March 30th next vid.

I totally geek out when i see these videos and that BF (NIN sounding) music

http://games.on.net/article/11992/UPDATED_Battlefield_3_Map_Scaling_Revealed_New_Melee_Combat_System

'A demonstration of the game revealed a complex melee fighting system, with both left and right handed punches, blocks, and the ability to grab and throw enemies. With more options than a simple knife-stab, melee combats with 64 players could be more exciting than ever.'
Back to top Go down

Frostbite 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Battlefield Series :: BF3-
Jump to: