Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Is It BF3 or BC3?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JermWar

JermWar

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:29 am

Before I type this, let me say that I have already pre-ordered BF3 no matter how the game turns out, because all the Battlefield Series are top on my list and with the newer technology out these days, this new game is going to be uber fun to play.

Now then, having said that, I'm extremely disappointed that Dice decided to leave out the "Commander" feature. To me this was one of the biggest perks added depth to Battlefield and separated it from all the other FPS games. In addition, the squads look to be small like Bad Company 2 as well. It looks as though this game is basically going to be BAD COMPANY 3 instead of BF3. Seriously, if you think about it: add some jets, make the maps bigger, make a few changes to how BC2 is set up, and upgrade the Engine.....what you get in the end is basically a newer version of Bad Company.....mark my words.

But regardless, it will still be a fun game to play, just not a true Battlefield 3, as we remember BF2 to be. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 am

With the improved game engine and it's graphical dominance, 64 player battlefield with all the vehicles and aircraft put back in it, and BF2 size maps, I doubt it will be possible to feel like Bad Company for the most part. The commander part being left out does not bother me even though I was an avid commander back in the day. I am hungry for the epic Battlefield that i miss so much. I actually have to play Frontlines when i get that itch for the epic.. It's early and we have no MP footage... The one thing i wish they would quit talking about is, going head to head with the COD series in the context of BF3. Their MOH series, yeah i can imagine they probably will do it with but Im about to fly out and smack this CEO upside the freaking head!
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:54 am

JermWar wrote:
Before I type this, let me say that I have already pre-ordered BF3 no matter how the game turns out, because all the Battlefield Series are top on my list and with the newer technology out these days, this new game is going to be uber fun to play.

Now then, having said that, I'm extremely disappointed that Dice decided to leave out the "Commander" feature. To me this was one of the biggest perks added depth to Battlefield and separated it from all the other FPS games. In addition, the squads look to be small like Bad Company 2 as well. It looks as though this game is basically going to be BAD COMPANY 3 instead of BF3. Seriously, if you think about it: add some jets, make the maps bigger, make a few changes to how BC2 is set up, and upgrade the Engine.....what you get in the end is basically a newer version of Bad Company.....mark my words.

But regardless, it will still be a fun game to play, just not a true Battlefield 3, as we remember BF2 to be. Rolling Eyes

everything you said is true. but

bf2 is upgraded 1942 engine
bc2 is upgraded bf2 engine
bf3 is upgraded bc2 engine

If you go some research ( i say this in respectful manner) the engine history (i dont know exact names) are just reworked versions of previous releases. Not trying to cut you down brother just bf2 and bc 2 and 1942 and bf3 all derive from same engine in a reworked form. "New and improved" has been a marketing strategy for years and it works. Having said this I believe BC2 is a test bed for the newest major reworked engine. I also believe Bf2 is epic and will be first title to break 2 billion in sales mark. Judging by this video http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/48696/battlefield-3/articles/73742/Battlefield-3-First-Look-Preview/

Bf3 will be very close to Bf2 epicness and awesomeness.

Everything you said is true but your post theme is somehow negatively put.

If one alley way has more lighting information than an entire map of BC2
then its definitely graphically different.

Full DX11 utilization in Bf3 means 2 things for the layman.
a. mutli core cpus (and threads) will make game run smoother
b. tessellation (not used in Bc2) will make game graphically (texture wise) much more rich. again you can see it some of it here.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/48696/battlefield-3/articles/73742/Battlefield-3-First-Look-Preview/

Prone, model details, dragging comrade to safety, crawling, jets, more realistic scopes, 64 players, destruction 3.0. This game is nothing like BC2 from even a content perspective.

My one wish is they bring back the mini bord with twin mini guns under belly and rocket pods. AND laser targeting for the abrams. Npr talked about abrams yesterday and said, "the best thing about the Abrams is you can hit a moving target while driving in rough terrain downhill backwards in the abrams, once you lock on , its fire and forget"

Back to top Go down
JermWar

JermWar

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:29 am

I've got both negative and positive comments in my post; just a few poor decisions that I think were made by the devs in the upcoming game in not leaving certain trademark Battlefield 2 features in the new game.

BC2 was the sequel to the original Bad Company.
If BF3 was going to be a true sequel to BF2, then they would have left the commander feature in the game, the squads would be 6 instead of 4, and the medic revive would actually save your life and not charge you a death on your stats.
So, I'm just bringing up the point of will the 3rd version in the fall be more like the Bad Company series or more like the Battlefield series? Time will tell, although I think it's going to favor more the Bad Company series......maybe even a blend of both, but not a true Battlefield sequel to Battlefield 2.

In fact, I think the 2 newer big maps in BC2 give us a taste of how BF3 will be, minus some of the newer perks, of course.
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 am

JermWar wrote:
I've got both negative and positive comments in my post; just a few poor decisions that I think were made by the devs in the upcoming game in not leaving certain trademark Battlefield 2 features in the new game.

BC2 was the sequel to the original Bad Company.
If BF3 was going to be a true sequel to BF2, then they would have left the commander feature in the game, the squads would be 6 instead of 4, and the medic revive would actually save your life and not charge you a death on your stats.
So, I'm just bringing up the point of will the 3rd version in the fall be more like the Bad Company series or more like the Battlefield series? Time will tell, although I think it's going to favor more the Bad Company series......maybe even a blend of both, but not a true Battlefield sequel to Battlefield 2.

In fact, I think the 2 newer big maps in BC2 give us a taste of how BF3 will be, minus some of the newer perks, of course.

hmmmm are squad size and commander (or lack there of) even officially confirmed?

I dont think so m8

long way from now till fall.

The way I look at it is Bf2 was awesome to play.
Bc2 is awesome to play
Bf3 will be awesome to play.

I highly doubt squad size and commander will stop it from selling 2 billion worth of copies.

The new video in 1080p is jaw dropping.
Back to top Go down
JermWar

JermWar

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 am

As far as squads go, I'm expecting the same as BC2 because of this article from Game Informer, but let's all hope my assumptions are wrong:
Game Informer's cover story on Battlefield 3 reveals DICE's plans to support dedicated servers, and delves into some of the particulars of its multiplayer offering. Once again, you'll be able to select between four classes -- executive producer Patrick Bach calls this number "the sweet spot"

As far as commander feature goes, I'm expecting that to be cut as well because of this Game Informer info:

http://bf3blog.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-wont-include-commander-feature/

As we saw in BC2, DICE wants to lower the complexity threshold (which is awesome for some things, like to be able to have easier controls with air vehicles); basically they want to spread out the key commander features to the players abroad.

But as I said before, regardless of how it turns out, the game is going to be super fun to play; these are just some things I'm not going to like, personally.
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 am

i coulda swore i read 6 or 5 somewhere?

hmmm dont know.

I actually agree with you on commander part.

Plus the 2014 setting means communication will be even more important.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is It BF3 or  BC3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It BF3 or BC3?   Is It BF3 or  BC3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is It BF3 or BC3?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Battlefield Series :: BF3-
Jump to: