Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Been a while. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Been a while. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Been a while. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Been a while. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Been a while. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Been a while. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Been a while. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Been a while. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Been a while.

Go down 
+6
STEELHED
sPAM.FOo
Travis32
MoNgOoSe
3rdBat
SpooN11B
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SpooN11B

SpooN11B

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 am

Hey guys,

Srry for going AWAL for so long. Summer of last year my wife and I took our daughter to the doctor for a check up. They decided they wanted to check her blood just to make sure everything was in the normal. The readings that came back were not good and the doctors brought her back in for another blood draw a few weeks later. After multiple blood draws we found out our 3 year old daughter had about a 90% chance of having Leukemia. It was one of the worst days of my life.

Everything came to a halt in our lives and the only thing that was important was what to do next. Any free time I had was spent reading up on the latest medicine and research. I had never felt so powerless in my life.

After many.....many visits to the doctor and close to 5 1/2 months of insomnia they think shes going to be o.k for now. Her blood readings are still no were near the normal. But they say this could very well be normal for her. She has never really been sick or ill for more than a few days. And when she is sick, shes less of a baby then I am when I'm sick. So there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

As for now she is having her blood checked every month and will be monitored for many years to come.

I really miss my old family over here at S&H and would really like to get back into playing again. It doesn't look like I was removed from the squad, but before I jumped on TS and act like I wasn't gone for almost six months I felt I owed all of you an explanation for my absence.

Take care,

SpooN
Back to top Go down
3rdBat

3rdBat

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 am

Don't worry about it brother family alway's come's first, glad to see you back and I will put you and your family on my prayer list and will keep believeing for a full healing for your daughter. Hang in there , thing's will be o.k. just keep strong and stay the course. again welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:27 am

hey spoon sorry to hear about your daughter, that has to be one of the hardest things in life to watch your kids go through pain and suffering. that would cause any body not to be able to sleep. but it good to hear things are looking up, be strong have faith things will always work out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Travis32

Travis32

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 am

Ya, man, I understand that. I would say, "welcome back," but you were never gone.
Back to top Go down
sPAM.FOo

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:35 am

For reals bro we are here for any support you migth need, glad to hear shes doing good..Welcome back...
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 am

I can only imagine Spoon... Sheesh, i would have had a serious case on insomnia as well.. Just take care of your family, we'll be here when you get back..
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:54 am

Glad to hear things are getting better. Look forward to chatting with you in TS
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 am

Spoon, I am praying for you and your family to overcome this battle. Don't discard your struggles. Listen to God as He teaches you so that you can teach others. A time of suffering teaches us something we never knew before and prepares us for a time of counsel that we may give someone years from now. He is with you! The same God that guided His Son through death and back to life said He will never leave us or forsake us. He is right here with you, perhaps even more in times of crisis than any other time. "Father, help us to understand. And when we cannot understand, help us to trust. Amen"
Back to top Go down
JermWar

JermWar

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 am

Welcome back spoon! I don't know you, but sure I will in TS sometime. I'm 2 months new to the clan; glad you decided to check back in. Keep us updated on your daughter's situation......I'll pray for you guys too.
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 am

Hang in there Spoon, good thing childhood leukemia has a 80+ percent cure rate, I hope your daughter is in that percentage.
Back to top Go down
SpooN11B

SpooN11B

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Thank you for all the great responses and the warm welcome back. To return the warm fuzzy feeling I took the liberty in writing each and everyone of your names on a bullet. Each one is waiting to find a home. They will all be fired with love. Except for Travis......He has two. One of them has MacGyver written on it. Hmmm scratch whats up with that.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Been a while. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while.   Been a while. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been a while.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: