Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

OK you techies out there!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
3rdBat

3rdBat

OK you techies out there! Empty
PostSubject: OK you techies out there!   OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:10 am

OK guys, i've been doin alot of reading on different specs for a new tower and would like a lil input back on what you guys think would be better for for graphics and overall computing needs. Intel or AMD, i'm running the new Intel i7 right now with 6 gigs of cosair xms3 on a evga mobo, with a evga gtx 260 superclocked and windows 7 64 bit pro and haven't really had any problems. Now don't get me wrong i'm not trying to second guess myself on my build because i did alot of research on toms hardwear before i built mine, the only thing i wish i would have gotten for mine was a larger power supply, right now i'm running a cosair 850 which is good but only has 1 12v rail, guess i didnt look at it good enough just assumed that a p/s that big would have had at least 4. So there it is, thanks for the help, and btw try to keep budget in mind which i know is hard to do when building but i'm building this for a very good friend of mine.
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

PostSubject: Re: OK you techies out there!   OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:29 am

depends... are you going to overclock? I too am looking at building a new PC and Tom's Hardware has the best for info. They just recently did a 400$, 1000$, and a 2000$ build with very interesting reviews and findings. Also look into the new i5 chips that just came out, it seems they are great for overclocking. I was first wanting the AMD six core, but the intel quads are still kicking AMD's ass performance-wise, heck even the i7-860 is still better. I have always been an AMD man, but I will probably change that with my next PC. I won't be getting it until January and alot can happen between now and then.

More info needed would be price range? besides gaming what else would the PC be used for?
Back to top Go down
Travis32

Travis32

PostSubject: Re: OK you techies out there!   OK you techies out there! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 am

Antec 900
i7-920 over-clocked to 4ghz
6GB triple channeled mem
2TB HD
giga x58a-ud3r
2x 4870 in crossfire
Corsair 850W
Samsung 24" 1920x1200
Logitech G9x

I trusted Toms for all my choices... I began with Asrock x58 extreme (best buy 2009)... but it refused to boot sometimes... went with the giga (best buy 2010)... but it doesn't work well with crossfire...

Larger than 850W is probably unnecessary. But I would probably go with a modular power supply next...

Thats kinda what I think...

Travis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK you techies out there!   OK you techies out there! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK you techies out there!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: