Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
PC has been down Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
PC has been down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
PC has been down Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
PC has been down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

PC has been down

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFotty

TheFotty

PC has been down Empty
PostSubject: PC has been down   PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm

I haven't been able to play BF3 for the past week because my PC died on me. The BIOS was showing the CPU temp of my i7 around 104c which is of course way, way too hot. I have removed the H50 water cooler and replaced with the stock cooler, and brought my temps in check. Lucky for me, nothing seems to have been damaged, as the thermal protection is pretty good on these i series CPUs.

After taking apart the fan from the radiator, I think I found the problem. Left is before, and right is after a can of compressed air. Note it was actually totally blocked when i took it out, and the small open area in the middle was freeded up when I removed the fan from it.

PC sits on the floor and I have 2 large dogs who shed like crazy.. guess this cooler needs cleaning more often than some others...

PC has been down H5011
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PC has been down Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC has been down   PC has been down Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Wow! I take mine apart every couple months to clean each component and put it back together. Takes about an hour and you don't have to change a thing. As for you Fotty, you need to buy a cheap furnace filter and cut some 4 inch pieces to fit the outside of that cooler and change them out frequently. The thin paper filters fit nicely between the case fans too.
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PC has been down Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC has been down   PC has been down Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:46 am

My Antec 300 case has a removable filter in the front intake which lower's my dust problem GREATLY. Every week I take it off and wash it.
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PC has been down Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC has been down   PC has been down Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 am

@Sparky, I also have the Antec 300 case.....great case. I also added a fan and filter to the side intake. The filter kits are pretty cheap on eBay (paid less than $5 for mine). Only a slight modification is needed since the side grate "bulges" out (interfering with the filter frame) . I just used the handle end of a screwdriver (so not to scratch) and pushed the bulge down a little along the sides. Then, the filter fits on top real nice and looks pretty good as well. You'll probably need to get some longer screws than the ones provided with a fan, though. To clean it, you just pop the top cover off and remove the filter (it's washable).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120mm-AC-DC-Fan-Filter-Kit-/230694820439?pt=US_Computer_Fan_Grills_Filters&hash=item35b67b9a57
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC has been down Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC has been down   PC has been down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC has been down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: