Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Empty
PostSubject: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:53 am

'HELLO' guys! It's been a while and I was feeling the need to reconnect with some old gaming buddies. Last time I saw you guys was back in the BF2/B1Station days. I've been enjoying BF3, but now I'm looking to join the gaming community scene again. I see a lot of familar names in the member list and quite a few new ones. Congrats STEELHED, L-2 and other early founders! Looks like you guys have built up a real nice community here. I remember when STEELHED was living with me in Santa Cruz and just starting this thing up: no game servers and just a 25-slot TS server back then. You've come a long way Strength & Honor! Great job guys! Looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

Anyways, before I registered with the site, I decided I wanted to have a nice looking avatar and signature to make a good impression (back in our B1 days, STEELHED and I enjoyed making these type things for the community). So, I started downloading a bunch of BF3 pics, screenshots and wallpapers. After coming up with some ideas, I then went about making some avatars. Before I knew it, I had well over dozen. I didn't need all these, so I thought it would make a nice gift for the community. Here's a sneak peek of what I'll be releasing shortly:

'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) ThumbnailAvatars1FullSize

While I was doing my search for BF3 pics, I also did one for Strength & Honor to see what kind of artwork might be available. Apparently, there were a couple of Strength & Honor movies, so I found a lot of posters. In addition, I guess Maximus from the movie Gladiator had a famous "Strength & Honor" speech, so there were also a lot of Russell Crowe photos. But, then, I came across a real beauty. It only said 'STRENGTH HONOR' on it, so I added an ampersand (&), shrank it to avatar size and added a gold border. The final product looks pretty damn good to me and has a real "official" look to it. Once I added ADMIN, MEMBER, MODERATOR at the top, they seem even more "official". Here's what they look like:

'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) SHAvatars

Finally, I started making some signatures (that would also be good for stats, if desired). After getting some basic ideas from the avatars I made, I settled on what I thought was a good overall design: gold border, BF3 logo in the upper left corner, 'Strength & Honor' centered along the bottom, and room on either the left or right for stats. Once I got the design I liked, I started cranking them out and, again, ended up with well over a dozen. So, my project/gift to the community ended up having two phases: avatars and sigs. Here's a glimpse of the sigs at 50% size (full size sigs are 600x200):

'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) ThumbnailSignatures2

I'll be starting up two threads: one for avatars and the other for sigs. I may also start a thread for a tutorial on making BF3 sigs at BF3Stats.com (the best site I've found for stats and adding them to sigs). I've gotten decent at it now and can help anyone with setting them up (see my sig below for an example of a BF3/S&H sig with stats). Anyways, this post has gotten really long (sorry). I'll be hopping on TS tomorrow: looking forward to getting reacquainted with my old BF2 buddies and making some new friends as well.

EDIT: I created the two threads for avatars and signatures. Links below.

Link to S&H/BF3 Forum Avatars: https://strengthandhonor.forumotion.net/t2192-sh-bf3-forum-avatars#9727

Link to S&H/BF3 Forum Signatures: https://strengthandhonor.forumotion.net/t2193-sh-bf3-forum-signatures#9728

Last edited by AGENT-X on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:12 am

Some very nice work here AgentX. Be sure to read the Code of Conduct and Server Rules as we hold everyone accountable here. Thanks for the kind words and the cool pix. Nice work!

https://strengthandhonor.forumotion.net/t89-code-of-conduct-server-rules

Last edited by -L2- on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 am

Hey AGENT.. How are ya?... Check your PM box when you get a chance..
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

PostSubject: Re: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:07 am

Agent how the hell are ya buddy? Been wondering how the heck you have been for quite some time now, damn it's good to see you make a post here!!!!

Hope to chat with ya soon on TS!
Back to top Go down
Maj.Winters

PostSubject: Re: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

it's been a damn long time agent! good to see you again!
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Been having fun playing on the servers, getting to know some new people and getting reacquainted with my old buddies. As promised, I've started new threads with the avatars and signatures I created for the community. If you want any of them customized or help making a stat sig, leave a post on the thread or send me a PM. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I did making them.

Link to S&H/BF3 Forum Avatars: https://strengthandhonor.forumotion.net/t2192-sh-bf3-forum-avatars#9727

Link to S&H/BF3 Forum Signatures: https://strengthandhonor.forumotion.net/t2193-sh-bf3-forum-signatures#9728
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)   'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'HELLO' from an Old Friend (and I Come with Gifts)
Page 1 of 1