Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
My Conversion. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

My Conversion.

Go down 
+2
-L2-
{S&H} Niquita
6 posters
AuthorMessage
{S&H} Niquita

{S&H} Niquita

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 am

Due to recent event in my life i have decided that i am no longer agnostic. Not undue to 3rd bats verses and prayers i have realised that there is a god. Thank you to all of you. though i may not pray every day i realise that jesus is my friend as are you all for under god whether he created the earth or simply is our guidance or a benevolent higher force. He watches over us all

thank you my brothers.
Back to top Go down
{S&H} Niquita

{S&H} Niquita

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Also   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 am

I say this for two reasons one of my fathers closest friends and a family friend also has died recently ( yesterday from the day of posting. And looking into the future of the possibility of i myslf being killed i llok for jesus to guide my hand and help me make the right descisions.

Not being so pious myself on only VERY recently finding faith where in the bible should i look for help in the bible for advice on conduct in war. What i mean is is that though i hae a job to do i need help on how o do it , its hard for me to explain.
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 am

Niquita,

I am praying for you. That your family and friends find strength thru our Lord in these difficult times.

The Bible contains plenty of information about serving in the military. While many of the Bible’s references to the military are only analogies, several verses directly relate to this question. The Bible does not specifically state whether or not someone should serve in the military. At the same time, Christians can rest assured that being a soldier is highly respected throughout the Scriptures and know that such service is consistent with a biblical worldview. (Matthew 8:5; Mathew 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; Luke 23:47; Acts 10:1; Acts 21:32; Acts 28:16).

God often ordered the Israelites to go to war with other nations (1 Samuel 15:3; Joshua 4:13). God ordered the death penalty for numerous crimes (Exodus 21:12, 15; 22:19; Leviticus 20:11). So, God is not against killing in all circumstances, but only murder. War is never a good thing, but sometimes it is a necessary thing. In a world filled with sinful people (Romans 3:10-18), war is inevitable. Sometimes the only way to keep sinful people from doing great harm to the innocent is by going to war.

-L2-
Back to top Go down
{S&H} Niquita

{S&H} Niquita

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Thank you.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 am

thanks a lot L2.
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 am

Food for thought worth reading...

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor : So, you believe in GOD ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is GOD good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor : Is GOD all powerful ?
Student :Yes.
Professor : My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent.)

Professor : You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?
Student : Yes.
Professor : Is satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor : Where does satan come from ?
Student : From … GOD …
Professor : That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?
Professor : Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?
Professor : So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer.)

Professor : Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor : So, who created them ?
(Student had no answer.)

Professor : Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?
Student : No, sir.
Professor : Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?
Student : No , sir.
Professor : Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?
Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.
Professor : Yet you still believe in Him?
Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.
Professor : Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.
Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?
Professor : Yes.
Student : And is there such a thing as cold?
Professor : Yes.
Student : No, sir. There isn’t.
(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.
(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?
Professor : Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?
Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?
Professor : So what is the point you are making, young man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.
Professor : Flawed ? Can you explain how?
Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?
Professor : If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.
Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)
Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?
(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?
(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?
(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor : I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.
Student : That is it sir… Exactly, The link between man & GOD is FAITH!!!
Back to top Go down
Malone

Malone

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:43 am

"Amen" L2.

I also wanted to ditto what L2 said above about killing and murder. As one who was raised in a strict religeious family, learning the difference really helped me survive, emotionally and psychologically for the last 30 years in my chosen profession. You might want to check out "The Bullet Proof Mind" by Dave Grossman. It addresses this topic and some more that have helped me tremendously.

Here is one link to a speech of his that I believe on on target for what you are facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FTV9nExiDE

Prayers going out to you and yours....

malone
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 am

Although I am Athiest I am glad that you found something in your life that you believe is worth believing.

I will never have an issue with someone of a religious belief, except the crazies. The one's who {Happened to me} come up to your car as your leaving the store and yell "Are you going to church?" and procede to assault me with religious claim's even when I politely tell them "No thank you". I firmly believe that if I wished to find out more information about a particular religion, be it christianity, jew, islamic, ect, I would find the information on my own. Smile
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 am

I was always told that "the lord moves in mysterious ways" listen to him and he will guide you, let his hand be your hand and he will move you, let him speak through you and you will speak his word. I try to live by this everyday, life keeps us apart from god from time to time and we as human beings can easily lose our faith during day to day happenings, that is why we have our brothers on here and all around us to keep us strong and when I start to lose faith I pull out my bible and randomly open a page and the awnsers are always inside, but you must have faith to see them if you do not they are but words on a page. I credit god to letting me find Sparky he is a great guy and has been given a second chance, I was moved by his story and not everyone would drop money on someone they barely know but something said inside of me said I could not turn away, I had to help a friend out. I know this is a long post but something inside of me said I had to share my thoughts. You all do a great service by spreading the word of god.

night-walkr
Back to top Go down
ChopperChik

ChopperChik

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: amen L2   My Conversion. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am

Love your post L2. never thought of it that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Conversion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Conversion.   My Conversion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Conversion.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Fellowship Hall :: Fellowship Hall-
Jump to: