Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

How can we improve the Vietnam server..

Go down 
+2
AnSolloc
STEELHED
6 posters
AuthorMessage
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Empty
PostSubject: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:17 pm

We would like to hear what you guys think? Are there certain maps you prefer with certain modes? Are there any changes you think would keep it busy once it's started? Is there any combo you think is emptying the server?
Back to top Go down
AnSolloc

AnSolloc

PostSubject: Solly's Thoughts (worth about 2 cents)   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Vietnam Server Rotation:

Vantage Point .................Conquest
Coa Son Temple...............Rush
Phu Bai Valley.................Conquest
Hill 137.............................Rush
Phu Bai Valley...................Rush

Vantage Point - Problem with initial M-Com choke point; kill fest for defenders
Coa Son Temple - Three Flags with A & B on one side of the hand grenade choke point.
Hill 137 - Flags in A & B in open fields of fire; tunnel choke point and platform to shoot down into A; B and C on one side of choke point; sniper / gunboat fest.
Back to top Go down
Elem3nt

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Making it 24/7 Conquest will help, I know I've been in server while it's CQ and as soon as it switches to RUSH people start to leave.
Back to top Go down
BigTime!

BigTime!

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 am

I think it may be the switching game types also. Players seem to attract to servers running 1 type. We could try a week of conquest & then a week of rush to find out which works best.
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 am

Vantage point - Conquest
Hill - Rush
Phubai- Rush & Conquest
Cae Son - Rush

Quite a bit the same as what ive seen as well

(Disclaimer)
These are opinions based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect my personal preferences...

Hill in Conquest mode. The public is pretty good about helping get a server they like started but, If the server ever lands on this map/mode in a server starting situation with few people on, the server never get's off the ground. Becomes a bore fest for the public as the flags are miles apart and the game starts to feel like team deathmatch.. For every 1 person that may join it, 2 to 3 leave. It has stifled the server on most occasions where there was less than at least 20 players on it. You also give up a good portion of such an epic map.

Cae-Son Temple in Conquest- Creates a major bottleneck where it has become a nade fest. Plays out much better in rush as there is more than one flashpoint, eliminating very difficult choke points that have brought the server to produce the message, "Please even teams, autobalancing will commence shortly" im sure you can guess the rest.

Phubai plays out well as either mode. But putting it in as both with only a four map rotation might be a bit much. That would be 4 rounds of the same map a four map rotation. Would prolly lean towards Conquest because the second objectives are so concentrated that between the tank and chopper can get lopsided in Rush mode.

Vantage Point.. I love that map in Conquest mode and havent seen any complaints or dropped players on that map in CQ mode.

Anyways.. Thanks Element and Bigtime! Keep em coming guys,we need to get a formula figured out soon. We usually have these trends figured out by now..

Last edited by STEELHED on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:34 am

I personally prefer Conquest over Rush simply because it allows for a more tactical team approach as opposed to Run-n-Gun Rambo Rush. Our 24/7 CQ server is doing very well with the new map pack 7.
Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:29 pm

I agree with solli. I prefer those maps i those modes. i really hate Vantage point in rush mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the Vietnam server..   How can we improve the Vietnam server.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can we improve the Vietnam server..
Page 1 of 1