Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Friendly Question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bust3r

Bust3r

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:05 pm

I once went 72-21 on the main server here at S&H. If I repeat this performance or even best the darn thing does it call for a ban?

Just asking because it seems a lot of players are getting banned just for a good round with very little information to support the ban as a whole. Some I have to agree with. After investigating their stats it does make one suspicious and a ban is best even if the player is not cheating. Maybe posting more info on players would help. They do serve a purpose keeping the server balanced sometimes.

I enjoy gaming here because there is decent squad play. However, this new activity has me a bit concerned and looking around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecompanyhub.com
Ironman

Ironman

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Most ban discussions take place in the private admin section of the forums and are reviewed every Thursday.
If there is a particular ban you have in question , If you Pm a Admin Im sure they will be happy to discuss it with you.
Back to top Go down
Bust3r

Bust3r

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 am

Thanks IM. I just made the inquiry because several of the Bans seem emotional and not much info was displayed for public consumption. Cool
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 am

I've personally talk to several admins with busy servers and they too are struggling to keep a fair playing field while not accidentally removing an innocent player. We aren't alone in this as Punkbuster is struggling to keep up with the few hacks that go undetected. We have been complimented and thanked by the public for the fact that we do take matters into our own hands, others not so excited.

That being said, there have been a number of ban rulings overturned. We try to be as democratic as possible. Stats are a pretty good tool, and are usually posted with those bans. We have a quick link to statsverse in the forum on the left, and that has led to both, bannings, and overulings. Our admins are pretty well versed on what to look for, and not getting trigger happy. It is also a requirement to post the admins name next to the reason for a ban in Rcon, as well as post it in the Admin section of the forums. We're doing the best we can.

personally, I think 17 bans on our streaming server out of the 38 thousand gamers that have come through our server seems a little low, but thats just my observation. I very much appreciate your concern. We are not perfect, the game isn't perfect but we try real hard to keep our servers a great place to play. I'd like to think that it's by merit that our main server has hovered around in the top 100 servers in the world so often over the past 8 months. When you have a server that popular, it is not without it's trials and tribulations and can be an exhausting errand for any admin.

This isn't just a reply to your post Bust3r. this is also an open letter to all members and visitors alike that we really are humbly doing our best.

*Thought I might add, we have about 18 bans in Rcon over the months, half of them are for abusive behavior and excessive teamkilling..*

Last edited by STEELHED on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigShotRob

BigShotRob

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 pm

@Bust3r - Yes it seems that if you have good rounds or you're at the top of the list consistently most servers will kick/ban you from there. I don't think that S&H do that, but I've been on other servers and even on their TS listening to their members & admins talk about it that they rather just kick/ban you to save their server. Even though they do not or can not prove that you are cheating, they rather not have such a good player kill a server.

This really sucks because I'd be open to playing against good quality players that are not cheating. Competition is great, if it's clean. That being said, who knows maybe servers or clans do this so you sign up on their forums, then that's pretty shitty of them to do.

Again, I don't think and hope that S&H does this as for the guys I've known here are pretty cool, so Bust3r yes other servers do this and I can let you know which ones if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Bust3r

Bust3r

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Cheers!

Steelhed we have banned more "Asshats" then pure cheaters also. PB and PBBANS does a pretty good job but they seem to be slow when it comes to BC2.

Helped get the server going today but it got really laggy when it filled so I had to bail.

Anyway, Black Ops is out tomorrow. Will hit you guys up with our server info when I have it.

Keep up the good fight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friendly Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Question?   Friendly Question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendly Question?
Page 1 of 1