Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
So I have a Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

So I have a Question

Go down 
+2
Cptn Chronic
DonkeyPuunch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DonkeyPuunch

So I have a Question Empty
PostSubject: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:09 pm

So let me premise this all by saying I am new to the forums but not your fine servers (can't stop coming back some great gaming), And I am not trying to en-cite an argument here but rather discuss and request. I am familiar with the server rules also but.....

This evening I was piloting a chopper and was deeply invested in a game of Kharg when my gunner I know this guy and comm with him so I know he was not attacking the helipad) was kicked and banned for 25 minutes, for attacking the other chopper, who was feverishly trying to land their chopper near the jet side of the carrier after leaving the carrier and waging war. now in section 8 of your code of conduct rules you elaborate on what the definition of that rule is... but not on rule #9 the shooting vehicles in their spawn. I believe that during spawning that it is not cool to attack vehicles as you are forced by the constraints of the game to spawn in a very compromised position. On this map there is a C ram and A pant sir protecting the helipads and every time I pursue even close to either area I end up dying.... But if someone enters the battle and tries to run and hide for the comfort of their spawn shouldn't someone be able to kill an enemy that has already contributed to a battle. if not aren't we pillowing a war game?

Is there any way that #9 can be elaborated on to clarify this rule?

I also would like to apologize if any one took offense to my immediate heated spouting on the server about this topic ( I did not use any foul language ).
Back to top Go down
Cptn Chronic

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 am

you are correct a vehical leaving spawn and ATTACKS is fair game anywhere on the map AFTER it LEFT SPAWN.you should not have been kicked.
Back to top Go down
BigTime!

BigTime!

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Cptn Chronic wrote:
you are correct a vehical leaving spawn and ATTACKS is fair game anywhere on the map AFTER it LEFT SPAWN.you should not have been kicked.
+1
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm thinking this may have either been a case of "fat fingers" as we like to call it, you may have been accidently been kicked. Or there may have been some sort of miscommunication with a player. The other player may have complained about being attacked in the uncap but a lot of the time we don't really have a good way of knowing the circumstances. like if they were blatantly doing this or it may have been what happened in your case unless the admins have a set of eyes in there to witness what is happening such as ourselves or other members of the community so it's hard to judge. We'll look into it and you should hear something by thursday as during our Admin meetings we talk about any ban appeals that have been made.

Thank you for visiting our forums and for your patience

Butterfly
Back to top Go down
DonkeyPuunch

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Butterfly This is not necessarily a ban appeal but thank you for your time in reading this question. The ban that was leavied was only a 25 minute ban which is fair and just if the rules were being broken. Its more of an appeal for a clarification of the rule.. be it which ever way you deem it should go is ok with me all it means is a slight deviation in my flight plan. I just wanted to be clear as to acceptable vs. not acceptable
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 am

i must have missed that part, well then i think it was just someone who complained about being attacked in the uncap but like i said we don't always have eyes in the server and we have to rely on our best judgement.
But like chronic said, vehicle is fair game to attack AFTER it has left the spawn and attacked the other team.
Back to top Go down
Stanky_Farter

Stanky_Farter

PostSubject: Too many variables   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I agree with chasing back to spawn, but:

1) Maybe a person gets kicked during the incident you speak of, but was actually getting kicked 15mins after the actual incident happened.

2) Maybe your gunner took a few stray shots and splash damage, killed someone at uncap.

3) Maybe your gunner fired at something else at a different time and you didn't know, as a pilot, you can't see everything they are firing at.

4) Maybe, this list can go on forever with more maybes.

My opinion, you take the chance of a risky kill, you should be ready to live with the consequences. You kill once in uncap, that is one time too much.
Back to top Go down
mad_monster

mad_monster

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:22 pm

DonkeyPuunch,

I would like to take the time to thank you for joining us in the forums and would like to invite you to join us on teamspeak when you are around.

As for your question, this item has been under quite the debate to resolve. As you can see either way we go there will be problems. This one is hardest to police on the server(s) and we try to do our best with it. Many things could have happened before your incident and you just happened to be the one that came up on the list at that time. This I am sorry for.

With this known you can help us out by joining us on TS. By being there you will gain great knowledge of things happening on the server and be able to assist us in resolving things correct manner. This can also allow you to know if there a growing issue that you may be able to assist in resolving. Besides that we are just damm fun to talk with!

Enjoy your game and I am glad we rate high on your list of places to play.

MAD Monster,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I have a Question   So I have a Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I have a Question
Page 1 of 1