Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

My PC is down for the count..

Go down 
+3
Ironman
Yonni
STEELHED
7 posters
AuthorMessage
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

My PC is down for the count.. Empty
PostSubject: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 am

Not sure what is going on but, woke up this morning and it was frozen. Restart, Frozen, would not load.. Re-installed windows all went well until i tried to load video drivers, and froze again.. Thinking it might be the video card but really acts like a direct X problem.. Stuck at work but will work on it when i get home.. Sucks! If anyone shows up for Monday night Madness, please someone take the helm and make it happen.. If it is my video card, i have a backup, an 8800GT MONSTROSITY card... Anyways, wish me luck and i hope to be back on soon, provided it's not another piece of hardware. I live way in the boonies so, sigh..
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 pm

welcome to my world

Hope you can figure it out

have you tried an older video driver? sometimes that helps
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Any luck whith the PC ?
Back to top Go down
Bust3r

Bust3r

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:19 am

Steelhed did you get a...

"Blue Screen"

Windows just not loading...

Funky Graphic Issues

Did Windows shoot you any code errors?

Was their a recent power outage? I had something similar happen after this. It was an Intel Motherboard Controller that kept the HD from loading the software. Power outage disabled it and I just had to go into the Bios to enable it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thecompanyhub.com
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:56 pm

affraid OMG, had a similar problem over the weekend. PC would run for 10 minutes, then the lights in the room would flicker and the PC would abruptly shut off. First thought power supply was going bad but found that the video card was overheating. I've had this EVGA 8800GTX card for over a year so today I carefully removed the housing for the cooling fan and fins. To my surprise they had applied way too much contact gel on the video processor and the cooling fins were full of goop and dust bunnies. I cleaned off the excess goop, cleaned the fins and the fan, reassembled and it runs cooler now than it ever has..! EVGA must've elminated their quality control to save a few bucks that year!?!
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Ive got a few spare parts laying around if it will help
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Well, my PC woe's continued.. All the things I thought were wrong with it, turned out it was an Illusion. The fact that it appeared that I fixed it threw me off.. It turned out to be my video card intermittently failing.. It finally went caput this morning after a week of being off and on. Fortunately, me living out in the boonie's, I had a backup card but, it does not perform near as well as my GT 240 did... I am going to attempt to purchase the exact same card, and re-box it and take it back to the store with my old card in it.. Let them deal with the RMA process.. Anyways, I can still play BC2 with my 8800, just on lower settings..

Sorry for being in and out this past week, it really threw me for a loop.. Been a while since I had to spend THAT much time trying to figure out an issue. Kinda like a power supply intermittently failing, it can send you down the wrong part of the trouble tree.. Thanks for the responses and the offers of parts guys...
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Ha! An 8800, what an antique.
Wait, ...that's what I'm running! Mad
Back to top Go down
Helltamer

Helltamer

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:52 am

I feel your pain I lost my PC a couple weeks ogo so I upgraded well Let me restate that I changed every thing but the case and sound card.

new specs

1000 watt antec power
i7 Intel extreme 3.33 ghz 6 core
6 gig corzair ram
sound sb x-fi extreme
Nvidia GTX 480
6 fans
windows 7 64bit pro

loads fast but it does not help me play any better. (LOL)

I am hopping that I do not have to do this again for a long long time.

If you are going to up grade any time soon the I7 is a more of I have bigger toys that yours thing that a buddy of mine and I play. A good quad core will do just as well and cost a whole lot less.

Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 am

WOW! Nice rig Helltamer.. You should be set for quite a while.. Good to know you're still around.. Should be able to handle Homefront Juuust fine Wink
Back to top Go down
3rdBat

3rdBat

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:26 am

looks similar to the new rig i'm gettin ready to build in about a month or so here are the specs for mine,

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

2 EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.33GHz LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

the only thing i might change is the case and if i do i'll go with the antec 1200
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:12 pm

3rdBat wrote:

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.33GHz LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor

How can you justify that i7, or even afford it for that matter, damn it is nice, but for 1000 bucks... I would love to have that chip but it will never happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My PC is down for the count..   My PC is down for the count.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My PC is down for the count..
Page 1 of 1