Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Community Meeting Topic request

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nimmer

Nimmer

Community Meeting Topic request  Empty
PostSubject: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

BF3 Settings Config - Is it allowed by S&H admins for members or pubbers

I have been researching this for about 2 days and found some interesting links in many different forums. A couple of days ago I got owned in the Rush server from a guy in the APOC clan. He told me he was using BF3 config editor and clearly had a advantage when turning. I wanted to download it but thought to my self what if this is cheating or defined as cheating at some point. This entire subject is way over my pay grade and rank, so if the admins can discuss it I would appreciate it. Here are some links and points I thought might be important for the discussion.

S&H COC rule #10 Anyone caught boosting their stats or visiting stat padding servers will be dismissed from Strength & Honor. We take cheating and exploiting very seriously and want to make it clear that it will not be tolerated here.

EA TOS RULE #11 Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.
- Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1452391-realmwares-bf3-tools-bf3-settings-editor-bf3-borderless-battlelog-standalone-4.html#post20336010 [forums.electronicarts.co.uk]

Does DICE approve of and allow this tool?

DICE has not made any official statement about BF3 Settings Editor; however, they are aware that it exists and is in use by many players. It is unlikely that they would officially approve it as it is a third-party tool, but it is also very unlikely that they would decide to disallow it. A DICE employee even posted to say it was a "cool tool" and give us advice to help us improve it.

What really should be the secondary focus of the debate is being in violation of EA terms of service (rule 11 above) by using a third party utility to change in game settings. Any decision admins come up with I will follow and respect.

Nimmer
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm

You do not need a third party tool to adjust these settings, although it makes it easier. Settings can be changed by opening the PROF_SAVE_profile file with notepad. IMO its perfectly legal. I have used such editors for years and have been using the BF3 editor since it was released. as far as him having a "clear advantage" while turning. the only seting available in the editor that could affect that is the mouse sensitivity setting, which can also be changed in game. The PROF_SAVE_profile file is a open file and used every time you adjust any settings in game.
We have discussed this settings editor in the past and determined it is ok to use.
Location of the file is C:\Users\"User"\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile

Nimmer wrote:
BF3 Settings Config - Is it allowed by S&H admins for members or pubbers

S&H COC rule #10 Anyone caught boosting their stats or visiting stat padding servers will be dismissed from Strength & Honor. We take cheating and exploiting very seriously and want to make it clear that it will not be tolerated here.

EA TOS RULE #11 Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.
- Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.

Nimmer

Per COC Rule 10. I see no violation there

Per EA TOS Rule 11. This is a open file provided by Dice to allow users the ability to edit there settings.

Last edited by Ironman on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:06 pm

there are some differences, i do believe there is a few settings in the editor that are not in the game settings.
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 pm

MoNgOoSe wrote:
there are some differences, i do believe there is a few settings in the editor that are not in the game settings.
True but the lines can be manually edited via the cfg file.
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Rodger
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 pm

After the discussion in the meeting sounds like the real issue was an aimbot
Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:29 pm

After discussion you can use the editor hard brake....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Meeting Topic request    Community Meeting Topic request  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Meeting Topic request
Page 1 of 1