Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map

Go down 
+5
MoNgOoSe
Leadzepplin
SpooN11B
Yonni
AGENT-X
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Empty
PostSubject: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:23 pm

I want to first say that I absolutely love the Air Maps Server and don't want to mess with a winning formula. However, I think there is some fine tuning that could be done to make it even better: less repetition. Right now, there are four maps in the rotation (Caspian, Firestorm, Karg and Oman) and they are only played once each. So, since there are an even number of maps, if I join Caspian as the US, I'm still on the US for Caspian when the rotation comes around again and I never get to play the map from the other side (except if I switch sides or I'm auto-balanced). If you play a long session, like I did last night, the effect becomes more apparent and you end up playing on the same side for every map when they come up again.

Now, if the server had a fifth map, the rotation of sides would be balanced so that people who play long sessions would get to experience the maps from each side. So, what I'm proposing is to add a fifth map to the rotation and break up the repetition. There are two air maps to consider: Wake Island and Noshahr Canals. Wake is a very popular map and has been a fan favorite in just about every BF title made. It is a quintessential air map and would fit in the rotation very well. Possible problem with Wake, though, is that (like Karkand), the Russians don't have a permanent uncap base. With a high ticket count, they might have a hard time keeping up the defense and may lose all their flags, resulting in mostly US victories. However, I haven't played Wake with a high ticket count, yet, and am not 100% sure if that is the likely outcome.

Noshahr is also a nice air map to consider, but some don't like the extreme fog. It has a good layout, though, and both sides have permanent uncap bases, so there is always somewhere to spawn if you lose all your flags. However, there are currently three stock maps and one B2K map. Adding Noshahr would tilt it even more towards stock maps (4 to 1) while adding Wake would have more balance (3 to 2). Arguments could be made for either map, though, and this could be something to discuss in an upcoming Community Meeting. I just think adding a fifth map is a good idea, though, and would be happy to have either one added to the rotation. Any thoughts?

Last edited by AGENT-X on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:32 pm

There is wisdom in the above post, I would like to see wake added to the rotation
Back to top Go down
SpooN11B

SpooN11B

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Leadzepplin

Leadzepplin

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Isn't wake conquest assault?
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Leadzepplin wrote:
Isn't wake conquest assault?

yes, or any form of rush.

could be something to try... and as agent-x said you would get the opportunity to play the oppisite side next time through the rotation!
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:32 pm

affraid Very Happy bounce cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:36 am

Another alternative would be to play each map in the current rotation twice, so you get the chance to play the other side. However, with the high ticket count and longer rounds, I think most people like having a new map each round. That's why I think adding a fifth map would work without messing with the current winning formula.

@Leadzepplin, is it not possible to mix Conquest Assault with standard Conquest maps? If it's a problem, there's always Noshahr. However, I think Wake would be the more popular choice if it's OK to mix them.
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Great idea! cheers Why didn't we think of this earlier? scratch
I've added Wake Island Assault 64 to the Air Maps server.
Caspian, Firestorm, Wake, Kharg, and Oman, ...one round each.
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 am

After playing several rounds of Wake, I now believe that it was a bad choice for the fifth map on the Air Maps Server. As I feared and mentioned in my OP, every round I've played has resulted in a Russian loss (mostly by a major blowout). Though Wake is a classic BF map, I don't think it was designed well for high ticket count servers. My fear is that it will result in the clearing out of the server: RU players "rage quitting" because of the raping and then US players getting pissed at being auto-balanced to the other side and quitting themselves (causing a "cascading" effect).

Compounding the problem is that the server settings accidentally got changed and Wake is getting played twice. Somehow, some maps are getting played once and others are played twice. I believe that Wake should be replaced by Noshahr Canals and the server get reset to playing each map once. Most players like having a new map each round since they last so long with the high ticket count (also, some people just won't like certain maps and don't like being "stuck" on them for two rounds). I apologize for initially recommending Wake, but it is a very popular map. However, I did mention that it could be a problem and, now that I've had a chance to play several rounds, it definitely could be a problem in the future. I believe Noshahr would be a better choice since it is a regular Conquest map and should play better with the high ticket count.

Last edited by AGENT-X on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:07 pm

did not remove wake island but set all maps to one round
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 pm

I apologize if I accidentally had Wake set to two rounds. pale
I enjoy Wake, but agree assault mode can test one's patience.
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:05 pm

@Mongoose/L2, resetting the server to play each map once would be a great start. Then, after some more time, we can see if Wake is still a good fit. With it being played twice, though, I think it could be a big problem. However, if it ends up being a "server killer", I believe Noshahr would be a better pick. I like Wake, but it is a really tough map with the high ticket count. Have you (or anyone) seen the Russians win it?
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:54 pm

will watch and see how things go today then decide on any changes
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: comments about wake   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:14 pm

some comments that i saw when Wake Island started.

Saturday, 10 March 2012 21:52:22

-this map sucks!

- EA needs to tweak this map

- one of the best bf2 maps turned into one of the worst bf3 maps

-its about the island team fighting a hopeless battle

-ya know the defenders lost this battle

- this map is a lot more fun playing rush

-this map makes me miss bad company 2 maps

Back to top Go down
BigTime!

BigTime!

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:17 am

I think it needs removed then.. That server has been popular for sooo long, I dont think we should be messing with it too much Cool
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Maybe we should give Noshahr Canals a try. I think it'll play a lot better than Wake Island with the high ticket count.
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:50 pm

AGENT-X wrote:
Maybe we should give Noshahr Canals a try. I think it'll play a lot better than Wake Island with the high ticket count.

Didnt work out to well last time.
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 am

Ironman wrote:
Didnt work out to well last time.

Didn't realize that you tried Noshahr Canals in the rotation before. Well, best then to pull Wake and call it a failed experiment. I just thought it would be nice to have a fifth map so people who play long sessions get to play the other side once the rotation repeats. Oh well, I apologize for the suggestion since Wake seems like a loser and there are no other air maps besides Noshahr. Best to go back to the original four maps and scrub the whole idea.
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 am

No apology necessary... We didn't get here by NOT experimenting, that's for damn sure.. I do not have enough toes and fingers to count how many suggestions that didn't pan out here.... Very many were my own..LoOL
Back to top Go down
Leadzepplin

Leadzepplin

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:17 pm

I dont see any problem with wake being in the mix. I have had fun playing it and haven't seen any reason to remove it from rotation.
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Leadzepplin wrote:
I dont see any problem with wake being in the mix. I have had fun playing it and haven't seen any reason to remove it from rotation.

I agree with Lead, let's keep Wake Island. In fact, this 5 map rotation with Wake Island appears to be working well with the general public. Just watched this server go from 40 to 64 players shortly after changing to Wake Island, ...and the Russian's are winning 803 to 727. One round per map, 5 maps in rotation is key. Great idea Agent-X!
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:55 pm

-L2- wrote:
Leadzepplin wrote:

I agree with Lead, let's keep Wake Island. In fact, this 5 map rotation with Wake Island appears to be working well with the general public. Just watched this server go from 40 to 64 players shortly after changing to Wake Island, ...and the Russian's are winning 803 to 727. One round per map, 5 maps in rotation is key. Great idea Agent-X!

OK, cool then. Ya L2, I was in that round and the Russians actually won it! Just need some good teamwork and they can win. It was a great round!
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 pm

I wasnt looking to change the map i posted some comments that i saw in chat just in case we had some discussion on the map rotation. I seen the comments but none of them left the server.
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 pm

So, according to our last community meeting (4/19/12), we are going to try out Noshahr Canals to be a possible fifth map on our Air Maps server. As of today, it hasn't yet been added, so we'll need an admin to add it sometime in the near future while the server is empty. All members, please monitor the response to the map by the general public and see if it is worthy to keep in the rotation. Try to gauge the reaction and if players stay in the server or if it causes any "mass exoduses". Please report your findings on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Leadzepplin

Leadzepplin

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Personally I think this is the worst map out of all the airmaps. Maybe if I play it enough I will begin to like it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map   An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Idea for the Air Maps Server: Adding a Fifth Map
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next