Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Looking for spare parts

Go down 
+5
-L2-
Nimmer
night-walkr
STEELHED
Feral Sparky
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

Looking for spare parts Empty
PostSubject: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Unfortunatly due to my Scooter accident I had to sell my computer to pay bills as well as selling off nearly every electrical device I had. And unfortunately I am still having knee issues forcing me to be unable to find work for a while.

Stuck using a computer I built from parts from 1999 to get something up and running. Its ungodly slow but it at least gets me online to surf the web.

If anyone has any spare parts lying around and would like to help a fellow member out I would be very appreciative for the help.

Thanks for reading Smile
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:49 am

Be specific... What do you need?
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 am

Well. all of my current parts are IDE. like my hdd, dvd drive. But my motherboard and cpu are pretty much capped out and not upgradable.

So if anyone has a spare motherboard and cpu lying around that would be great. I dont need anything fancy. Although my case is micro-atx.

Oh I almost forgot, I was able to scrounge an older gen HD4670 PCI-E card that I am using. So the gpu is not a requirment.

I basically need everything but the hdd and dvd drive unfortunatly and asking for donations is difficult but a fellow member told me I should try.

So I thank anyone with anything they might be getting rid of to help a fellow member out.
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Are you looking for something you can game with?
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 pm

That would be a nice plus to be able to get back into gaming a bit. At least until my settlement finish's then I would be able to help someone else out with what I have.
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:46 pm

I do not have much for left overs since I've been a tightwad on upgrades.. The mobo and chip I have laying around prolly isnt any better than what you have... It's single core 2.8Ghz I think, it does have onboard sound and video but, not enough for gaming really... I will keep my eyes peeled though.. Hope someone else will have something laying around theyre not using..
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

The system I am running now is an AMD Athlong XP 3000+ 1.8Ghz socket 939 . 2 Gigs of DDR 333. ATI HD 4670
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 pm

What power supply do you have sparky? How many watts? I managed to make a few calls and I found some stuff after talking with you last night. I found a EVGA GTX 280 which is used but still works fine, so I can set you up with that and I am working on getting some other parts as well. I also found some nice Gskill DDR3 1600 8 Gigs worth they are brand new, I bought them for a build a while back but I would rather donate them to a good cause rather than have them collect dust.
I will keep digging and see what I can find buddy.
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Low end Codegen 450Watt Power supply, I think its from some old prebuild system. Wont handle any dedicated GPU's that require a power plug
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 am

The cpu bottlenecks the gpu to the point of being hard to do any gaming with it at all.
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:50 pm

OH come on that thing is a power house, it probably maxes out BF3 on ultra lol. j/k
Im still looking for some stuff and im picking up some stuff this week the only thing I am still looking for is a video card the gtx 280 i was going to get isn't reliable enough its only used as a test card, but if all else fails the card you have should run bf3 at least at medium settings till we can find you another one. I also found a 700watt power supply for super cheap I am picking up at the end of the week for you. Still looking, everyone keep your eyes peeled so we can get sparks back on the battlefield again!

night-walkr
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 pm

I think we should put up a spread sheet for FEREL and list parts need to get up and running, oh well here it is.

Please the parts you have and the parts you need. I Have tons of shitake laying around this is a good cause fellas, one of our own wants to get back into the game. This will not be the first or last time we do this.

Sparky list everything you have on this list good bad or ugly and we will upgrade as see fit. sparky pm me with the list of item you have currently and I will update the list immediately. Please make sure thought we donate this rig when you get rich to someone else in need next time around.

PS i have at least 3 things on this list make sure you get going and fill this out sparky

Looking for spare parts Fsb_zps27ec07a8
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm

updated

Looking for spare parts Fsb_zps2df11c9d
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks for posting the spreadsheet nimmer awesome touch, I was going to do it but didnt have a spreadsheet program. I am donating a power supply (apevia 700watt), a cpu AMD PhenomII 965BE quad core 3.4ghz w/ cpu cooler, Gskill Ripjawz DDR3 1600 2x8gb, and an ASRock 760GM-GS3 AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard. The mobo and power suppy aren't the best but it will definately get you by for now.
As far as a video card the GTX 280 is a no go it doesn't work too well and I don't want to donate junk. Sparky does curently have a AMD 4670 graphics card so it should run BF3 med-high settings at decent settings no problem, I am pretty sure it will because my laptop has a Ati5770 in it and it runs bf3 at high settings at 60 fps it does drop once in a while but is playable.
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:32 pm

That's extremely generous KnightWalker.... It is going to a person that really needs it..
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks so much bro, Im stoked to be able to be back in the game. This is alot more then I expected but just as glad to be able to get the help.
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:28 am

Its no problem I only hope that if others or myself were in need if others had extra they would help out, this is I believe what the S&H family is all about.
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 am

Just an update heres what I have so far:

CPU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

(great cpu more than enough for battlefield3)

Mobo:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135318

(mobo is cheap I know but I am going for functionality not top of the line this board will run the amd 965 cpu fine and also the ddr3 1600mhz ram with no issues, plus 1 decent video card and has both sata and IDE slots)

power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148046

(again not the best but cost effective and will work fine as long as its not over worked)

Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314
(This ram is awesome I have some that is new but I never used it, so I am donating this too).

So with this stuff, we still are really looking for a decent video card thats better than a Ati 4670, I have tried to find one to no avail, so if someone has one let us know this is all the stuff i have.

night-walkr
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:07 am

Guys, this is a perfect reflection of the Strength & Honor Community, ...where good people gather to build friendships, share experiences, and encourage teamwork. I have an old Nvidea 8800GTX, but it maybe a struggle with BF3.
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah, I have one of those old trusty ones too somewhere... but, they're HUGE!! Very big cards..

Last edited by STEELHED on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 am

-L2- wrote:
Guys, this is a perfect reflection of the Strength & Honor Community, ...where good people gather to build friendships, share experiences, and encourage teamwork. I have an old Nvidea 8800GTX, but it maybe a struggle with BF3.

Watched some video's of people using the 8800gtx with bf3, and it looked to be playing it quite well.
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm

As for the limited usb ports on the MB no worries, I have a 5 port usb 2.0 card that works great and will fit in one of the pci slots I got from the emachine's mb.
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Im not too sure about a 8800gtx it may not fit the case cuz they are pretty big but for bf3 it would be graphically better for the game as its a much faster card but it also eats wayy more power the, 4670 is only aroung 40watt power draw and the 8800gtx comes in around 125w so its a power pigin comparison, a decent card can be had new for $100 the amd 7770 ghz edition cards are $100 and they run bf3 high settings at stable fps and only draw 35w power and they are small form factor they are right up there neck and neck with th nvidia 660 which is also a good card but costs more. As far as the usb thing goes i have a 6 way usb external splitter i will never use it as my computer has a dozen usb ports so ill drop that in to to make sure you have enough.

Night-walkr
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

night-walkr wrote:
Im not too sure about a 8800gtx it may not fit the case cuz they are pretty big but for bf3 it would be graphically better for the game as its a much faster card but it also eats wayy more power the, 4670 is only aroung 40watt power draw and the 8800gtx comes in around 125w so its a power pigin comparison, a decent card can be had new for $100 the amd 7770 ghz edition cards are $100 and they run bf3 high settings at stable fps and only draw 35w power and they are small form factor they are right up there neck and neck with th nvidia 660 which is also a good card but costs more. As far as the usb thing goes i have a 6 way usb external splitter i will never use it as my computer has a dozen usb ports so ill drop that in to to make sure you have enough.

Night-walkr

I have two 4 port usb hubs lying around I can use but thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

PostSubject: I will Donate cash    Looking for spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm

If you come up short on something let me know i will buy it at new egg and send itto an address you give me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for spare parts   Looking for spare parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for spare parts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next