Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

What do YOU think??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FFOman

FFOman

What do YOU think?? Empty
PostSubject: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:10 am

One thing about a lot of BF players that kind of irks me a bit is all the bunny rabbit jumping around they do. Some guys start running and jumping at top speed the moment they spawn and never stop until they get hit! This seems especially true in the DM type games. Squatting has always been dissallowed, but is actually a lot more realistic than all that hopping around. So i don't get it. Why isn't it discouraged? Tonight I was playing on a server for 64 team DM, and I'll bet there was no less than 8 or 9 guys bunny hopping around in full camoflage carrying sniper rifles. Now that's about as unrealistic as you can get, and should only be seen in COD gaming which isn't very realistic to begin with. But BF's strength I believe has always been that it tries to simulate a real action...don't you think?
Back to top Go down
TheFotty

TheFotty

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Are you saying that with certain equipment loads, soldiers should not be able to jump, or perhaps not jump very high?
Back to top Go down
FFOman

FFOman

PostSubject: RE: What do you think   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 am

Absolutly not! Although I would think that the BF programmers could have considered this when laying out the game physics and logistics.
But I do think server rules could be applied to discourage some of this. Curious though you didn't answer MY question. <g> What do YOU think? Not simply about a solution if even possible, but regarding the problem?
Back to top Go down
TheFotty

TheFotty

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:33 am

I just wanted to make sure I understood the nature of your gripe. Yeah I agree it is annoying, although I will admit I have not seen it a ton while playing. Granted I typically only play on the S&H servers, so maybe that is why I have not seen much of it.

Back years ago when I played a lot of counter-strike when that game was popular, there were bunny hopping issues then too with the AWP, and I know they patched the game to make it harder to get away with that type of stuff.
Back to top Go down
FFOman

FFOman

PostSubject: RE: What do you think?   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 am

Oh, I remember that a lot on counter-strike myself back in the day! I wasn't aware they had taken any action though cause I've not played that in many years.
Because of the difficulties I was having...arm, etc...I haven't yet logged on to your servers. I've been playing the DM and Team DM servers...and a few noob ones...till I felt I'd gotten my eye/hand coordination back. I'm almost there, and if I can finally get my teamspeak problem solved I was planning to join you guys there tomorrow. I'm taking my box up to a place to have the USB modules checked out cause I've tried everything else and my headset mike still is working, just on my machine. Hope to talk more about this then.
Back to top Go down
TheFotty

TheFotty

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 am

Just hop in a tank and ride shotgun or something. You don't need to be out there sniping if your arm isn't 100%

As far as the USB ports go, I do computer tech work for a living, so what exactly is the symptom set you are dealing with? You have a USB mic and when you plug it in it just doesn't work?
Back to top Go down
FFOman

FFOman

PostSubject: RE: What do you think?   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 am

Oh definetly...I could choose a less painful to my arm class...but this solution is a lot better. I can play any class I want now. I'll never be as good as a lot of guys, but I hope once I get into the S&H servers the commander will set me up in a squad and direct me to become an asset. I like the strategy part of BF when teams practice togehter anbd work together as a real team once in a match.
A couple years ago while running BF2 I joined up with a group that ran multiple servers based on one world supporting a global conflict. We'd train for specific actions, ( like aiming guided wired roc kets at the specific spots on tanks and such so as to get the best damage ), as well as devising our team's strategy on a map that an upcoming sceduled game would be set up for. We all played our parts and no one was worrying about individual gains, etc. We were all working for the clan and/or team. It was a lot of fum and more satisfying then any other server I had ever played on.
BTW...My one friend is an electronics genius and I'm taking my box over to him at 5:00 pm EST today. I know absolutly nothing about the hardware, but I', a pretty good programmer. Anyway, he seems to think after all the testing i've done, that there may be an issue with the part of the hardware that descriminates between the various USB ports. And as I have both series 2 and three USB connectors, he wants to make sure they didn't get crossed up somewhere because the headphone and Mike combo works fine on some and not at all on others. Hopefully I'll have the problem solved and be back here by 6 or 7, and if so I'll get on TS3 right away. IOf not, and/or if he can't figure this out either, perhaps you can give me some ideas! <g>
Back to top Go down
TheFotty

TheFotty

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 am

The main reason so many S&H members do well is because we get in TS and work as a team. That extra communicaton is invaluable versus the opponents, because we have lots more eyes and ears relaying what is going on, and taking objectives as a group, instead of a bunch of solo rouge soliders all trying to just go it alone. So as long as you get in TS and join in the communcation, you will start to see your scores rise.
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 pm

you actually get more points working in a squad, the point values double in some instances. and as fotty said working as a group those point totals add up faster. In our servers the server will automatically put you in a squad but you need to be in a squad that is working as a group and not working individually amongst a group.

Jump in ts and we can share our tips and tricks of what is going on and you will learn much faster then just playing with out the communication.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think??   What do YOU think?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do YOU think??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Battlefield Series :: BF3-
Jump to: