Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Victim of Discrimination

Go down 
+2
3rdBat
JermWar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JermWar

JermWar

Victim of Discrimination Empty
PostSubject: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:51 pm

So here is something I have been fuming about the past week:

My home-schooled 11 year old twins, Emily and Jessica, tried out for BRAVO volleyball and didn't make either team. To give you a brief background, they have played for 4 years and were the best 2 players on their undefeated team in county league this past season.....aside from accurate passing, they each have consistent mean overhand serves......at 11 years old!

My wife talked to the director of this elite league 2 days ago. When
asking why Emily and Jessica didn't make this team, the director
confirmed that it wasn't because of their skills......they had that part.

So what was it?

In giving her the answer, the director specifically criticized home schooled children, saying that our girls would have a problem receiving instruction from the coaches.......in their "eliminating process" this was the concern they had that made them choose other girls (and yes, less skilled girls) than ours.

REALLY??!? Because that's not what every other adult instructor has complimented our kids on in months past. They are always eager, attentive, and receptive to any adult instructor.
I would rather she just say they flipped a coin or drew straws to make their decision. ROFL!!

So it looks like we'll have to explore other ways for them to make that next step up. In the end, it's probably a good thing this happened. If this is how they operate, then I don't want to have any part of it anyway. This may be the springboard for something even better than BRAVO volleyball.....maybe even after a move to Texas, God-willing.
Back to top Go down
3rdBat

3rdBat

PostSubject: Re: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:42 am

it's funny you mention this because it is happening more and more and i would love to get up with you on ts and talk some more about things like this.

PS....like the sig.
Back to top Go down
Bust3r

Bust3r

PostSubject: Re: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:08 am

Well, lets put it this way. They unknowingly did you a favor. You would not want your girls playing for ignorance such as this.

I have coached Volleyball since the beginning of time. My daughter has made 1st team Junior Olympic ball this year. Yes, they want to see grades. Being home schooled and doing it proper you have the ability to do this. Their excuse is nothing more then discrimination. Probably needed to make room for a friend of a friends kid. This does go on. Sometimes politics interferes with folks brains. Find a different organization and explain your problem. Also take the time to present this as a lesson to your daughters.

Sorry this has happened. Idiots like this have no business dealing with youth.

If your daughters have great passion for the game then help them along and do not let crap like this discourage or even stop them from their dream.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecompanyhub.com
AnSolloc

AnSolloc

PostSubject: Re: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:52 am

Okay, if I read this right, your a man of spiritual conviction or a Christian
(sorry don't want to seem politically incorrect here). But if this is true, then is this is a trial of character. It seems you are steppin beyond the trival and doing whats best for your daughters and family. And it has been my limited experience that with every trial appopriately overcome there are rewards and blessin'. Keep your on the straight and narrow there Bro and the rest will finds its appropriate place.

Solly
Back to top Go down
Yonni

Yonni

PostSubject: Re: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Bust3r wrote:
Well, lets put it this way. They unknowingly did you a favor. You would not want your girls playing for ignorance such as this.

I have coached Volleyball since the beginning of time. My daughter has made 1st team Junior Olympic ball this year. Yes, they want to see grades. Being home schooled and doing it proper you have the ability to do this. Their excuse is nothing more then discrimination. Probably needed to make room for a friend of a friends kid. This does go on. Sometimes politics interferes with folks brains. Find a different organization and explain your problem. Also take the time to present this as a lesson to your daughters.

Sorry this has happened. Idiots like this have no business dealing with youth.

If your daughters have great passion for the game then help them along and do not let crap like this discourage or even stop them from their dream.

Good Luck

After reading Jerm's post I was going to say what Buster did. Your girls deserve better and I know you will find it!!!
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree this is wrong and has become very obvious in the public schools. The coaching staff not only looks at the childs potential, but they also size up the parents as $pon$or$ for the team (fundraisers etc.). Seems everyone is labeled one way or another. I know a couple neighbor girls, 14 and 11, who are home schooled and have accelerated beyond their age group in scholastics as well as gymnastics. They are facing the same struggles. Buster had some great advise. In the long run, this could have a positive effect on your daughters. Encourage their dreams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victim of Discrimination   Victim of Discrimination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victim of Discrimination
Page 1 of 1