Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CDN-SMOKEJUMPER

Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Empty
PostSubject: Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.   Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:32 am

Hi guys here are my specs

Vertex 3 SSD
Seagate HDD
Gigabyte UD4-P
i7920
6 Gig of some G Series Ram, forget brand name.
MSI GTX 460

Been having odd issues for awhile. I had my SSD for awhile and only just started using it. I was having issues already with crashing and not being able to get into BF3 so I formatted.

I'm also getting a display issue. It will once in awhile boot up with the screen not filled and black bars over the image. This happens occasionally and occuired before I formatted and installed my SSD.

I am now getting boot disk failures. I was crashing before the SSD but not with a boot disk failure message.

I suspect hardware issues only because I have formatted twice in the past few months.

Also, if I where to upgrade a bit what is good now?
Back to top Go down
FerrisBueller

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.   Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 am

What power supply you using? All connectors securely connected?

Ferris
Back to top Go down
night-walkr

night-walkr

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.   Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:05 pm

when you reformat the ssd drives MAKE SURE you have no other drives attached to the system or it WILL (with OCZ drives anyway) save your startup files to another disk even though you are redoing just the ssd drive. How do I know? My OCZ ssd did it to me, I didnt notice it till i removed my storage drive and my computer would not boot to windows until I reconnected the storage drive.I was also having similar issues that you stated and once I reformated my system I unhooked all drives to insure the files were going to the proper location and viola, it works fine now no issues. Hopefully this helps.

night-walkr
Back to top Go down
CDN-SMOKEJUMPER

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.   Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 am

When I reformat I will do that.

I think I have a faulty SSD though. Might be time for a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.   Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crashing and freezing issues. Boot disk failure.
Page 1 of 1