Welcome to Strength & Honor
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 pm by STEELHED

» World of War Ships member footage
Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Share | 
 

 At last my system is fixed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FFOman

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-10-14
Age : 62
Location : Pottsville, Pa., USA

PostSubject: At last my system is fixed!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:52 am

Hi all! As some of you know I've been trying for more than a little time to get TS3 working with my new system so I can get on-line with you all and hook up with a squad while playing. This problem had been driving me and a lot of tech sources crazy and as of a month ago i was ready to give up!
As it turns out I finally solved the problem with the help of an old guy who learned his trade in the Navy. I know little or nothing about electronics and as it turned out the problem was related to the controller for the USB extensions.
I have both USB 2.0 and 3.0, although i have yet to find anything requiring the newer version. Supposedly, however my system distinguishes between hardware needs and doing whatever is necessary at that point, it WAS making the wrong decisions. And it only got messed up like this when I would plug my headset in. I have a Soundblaster card plus an onboard system by RealTek that is supposed to manage all the various setups I use between my computer speakers, my Stereo system, digital and analog, and even a few wierder things I do with sound when I'm programming.
I couldn't explain exactly what was going wrong, but as soon as I'd plug my headphones in, which are USB, I was able to select between hearing via my digital or analog outputs and thru my equalizer if i wanted, but the Mike wouldn't work unless I set it up for analog only, and in turn that would for some reason output the signal to my computer speakers as well! I couldn't correctly adjust the volume ranges between pickup and output when this would happen either!
Well this guy charged my $25 to get it all right again, and that was well worth the price because I spent almost the entire day in his shop and I learned a hell of a lot from him!
And so...barring any other unforseen acts of misery against me, I will finally get a chance to introduce myself to your crew and hopefully get a game on now as well. Hear you all Thursday! And thanx for your patience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-L2-

avatar

Posts : 1730
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 37
Location : ILLINOIS

PostSubject: Re: At last my system is fixed!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:04 am

Sounds frustrating, glad you didn't just give up. Looking forward to squading up for some teamwork and chat thru Teamspeak!

_________________
Strength & Honor

"Selfish interests must be subordinate to our common goal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
At last my system is fixed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Pre-WotLK System Requirements
» Tau Smart Missile System
» SYSTEM-OF-A-DOWN app
» (Fixed) Norton doesn't like TFN!
» TCI Official Forum Ranking System

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Battlefield Series :: BF3-
Jump to: