Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Practicing real hard!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FFOman

FFOman

Practicing real hard! Empty
PostSubject: Practicing real hard!   Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:42 am

I finally got into the multiplayer side of BF3! Didn't want to waste anyone's time until I was sure that I could still hold my own. But due to a problem with my right elbow and shoulder, I was having a real hard time...lot's of pain after only a few minutes online. But I've solved that problem with a unique solution I think and would be interested to hear from anyone else who might have done something similar.
I had a fairly expensive gaming mouse, the Logitech 69X setup to allow for minimal movement with my arm, but it still wasn't good enough and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back into BF without making a fool of myself. So I picked up a new Logitech rollarball. The kind where you set your fingers on the buttons like a normal mouse and then your right thumb is used to move the avatar around. Then i attached a velcro strap around it so I could insure that where ever I moved my hand to, the mouse was stuck to me. You'd be surprised how comfortable it is, while still be very accurate! No pain anymore and my stats are beginning to go up!
I'd like to try the same thing with a small keyboard replacement and strap it to my left hand as well. I think that might be pretty cool, especially when you make a great kill and can't stop yourself from raising your arms up in victory! But so far I haven't found any kind og control board small enough and having at least eight button controls or four with a thumb switch to alter what they do quickly. Logitech has one as does Zboard, but if anyone knows of something msaller I'd appreaciate hearing about it. I don't really need anything for my left hand, but I thought as long as I was doing this with my right hand I'd like to see what it might be like. <g>
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Practicing real hard!   Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Keyboard-iPhone-Computers/dp/B0044IGBOI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1338947954&sr=8-5

Practicing real hard! Minikeyboard

Back to top Go down
FFOman

FFOman

PostSubject: RE: Bluetooth keyboard   Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:09 am

I had looked at one of these a whle back as well. The problem is making it truly ergonomic...that is, making it fit and attattached to the palm of the hand in such a way that one's fingers can easily lay upon and click the buttons needed. I really don't think a flat keyboard would offer that. I'm thinking more in terms of a glove-like unit that would react to finger movements and perhaps a level mercury switch so that the actual position of the hand would alter what each finger switch accomplishes. With something like that and five basic finger switches you wouldn't need more than 2 or three positions to cover all commands!
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Practicing real hard!   Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 pm

...bailing wire and duct tape! C'mon man, you can do it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FFOman

FFOman

PostSubject: RE: Practicing real hard!   Practicing real hard! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 am

Well I used to keep an old VW bug running with Duct tape and a coat hanger a long time ago! <g>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practicing real hard!   Practicing real hard! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practicing real hard!
Page 1 of 1