Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Win 8 New EULA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wakko

Wakko

Win 8 New EULA Empty
PostSubject: Win 8 New EULA   Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:24 am

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/05/30/1427252/windows-8-more-eula-fewer-rights

"Microsoft has adopted a brand new licensing scheme for Windows 8 which effectively removes your right to file a class-action lawsuit against them should you feel the need. '...Many of our new user agreements will require that, if we can't informally resolve the dispute, the customer bring the claim in small claims court or arbitration, but not as part of a class action lawsuit.' Class-action lawsuits are intended to help individuals stand up to corporate law-breaking but this new EULA model simply nullifies that course of action for the consumer."
Back to top Go down
TheFotty

TheFotty

Win 8 New EULA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Win 8 New EULA   Win 8 New EULA Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

This is very common now. Xbox Live was already updated to indicate this as far as that service goes, and Sony did the same with the PS3 (actually Sony did it first). AT&T has been doing it for a while since they got sued so much over the iPhone.

Being a forced member of various class action suits over the years, I have never seen anyone gain anything except the lawyers that are usually the ones who rally the troops to start the class action in the first place. They make millions, and we get peanuts. I got a check from ebay the other day, which I didn't even know I was in a class action suit with, for 17 cents. Wonder how much the lawyers check was for...

The only good ever to come out of the lawsuits is that it sometimes makes the company change it's ways of doing things, but in reality, it will just breed more class action suits.

Don't blame Microsoft on this one, the Supreme Court ruled last year that companies can require individual arbitration versus class action.

Now with all that being said, how many times have we all had the need to sue Microsoft over their Windows product? I have been using it since 3.11, and while it sure hasn't always worked perfectly, I never felt the need to call up a lawyer.
Back to top Go down

Win 8 New EULA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Tech Talk :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: