Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Quick question for you guys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

Quick question for you guys Empty
PostSubject: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

I know this is way off topic. But I cant stop thinking about it. When I was in the accident on my scooter, the bike was towed to a lot and held. The fee's to get it out are ridiculous and way beyond my mean's to get it paid off. Hence why I was riding the scooter in the first place due to budget limits.

Problem is, I will get a lean against my license and registration will be impossible for the new bike unless this one is paid off. But I cant afford to get it out.

I could really use any bit of helpful info.
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm

not sure what the laws are there but if they were at fault they are liable for those fees as well, but that wont happen until the settlement unless you in form them. the insurance company would usually take care of it to keep cost down and not let it sit there adding to the bill. I know when i was in a wreck the guys insurance pulled my vehicle out of the impound and to their adjusters asap to keep their cost down.
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:52 pm

MoNgOoSe wrote:
not sure what the laws are there but if they were at fault they are liable for those fees as well, but that wont happen until the settlement unless you in form them. the insurance company would usually take care of it to keep cost down and not let it sit there adding to the bill. I know when i was in a wreck the guys insurance pulled my vehicle out of the impound and to their adjusters asap to keep their cost down.

Well I just got the property compensation paperwork from the guy's insurance and at the bottom it states "It will be your responsibility to dispose of the salvage"
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:58 pm

that dont seem right its his fault it there to begin with
Back to top Go down
Malone

Malone

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Feral, what state do you love in? Here in California, if you cannot pay your towing and storage fees, then the tow company's option is to put a lean on the vehicle and sell it at auction. They cannot come after you for any other fees. It seems strange that your license will be in jeopordy. However, if you still owe money on the bike, you are legally obligated to pay the loan. Most insurance companies should pay you something to help with the loan, even if it was your fault. I was in a similar situation years ago when I had my motorcycle stole. I did not have it insured for theft and had to continue to pay the loan payments for three years.
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Malone wrote:
Feral, what state do you love in? Here in California, if you cannot pay your towing and storage fees, then the tow company's option is to put a lean on the vehicle and sell it at auction. They cannot come after you for any other fees. It seems strange that your license will be in jeopordy. However, if you still owe money on the bike, you are legally obligated to pay the loan. Most insurance companies should pay you something to help with the loan, even if it was your fault. I was in a similar situation years ago when I had my motorcycle stole. I did not have it insured for theft and had to continue to pay the loan payments for three years.

The bike is completely paid off. No payments are owed on the bike. I think this towing company is trying to give me false information.
Back to top Go down
The MAD Doctor

The MAD Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm

was your insurance company involved as well? if so you could prob call them and let them know the situation maybe they can do something about the impound. If not call around to some lawyers and see if they would be willing to help you on the grounds of Probono or just see what they say about the matter and then get the people involved that need to be, since the accident wasn't your fault it should cost you much if anything. I'll ask my mother if she can find out some facts that will aid you even though we are in 2 dif states some laws might be the same. She is a court reporter and knows many judges and lawyers so the best i can do for ya bud is just ask.

Doc
Back to top Go down
Feral Sparky

Feral Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:32 am

The MAD Doctor wrote:
was your insurance company involved as well? if so you could prob call them and let them know the situation maybe they can do something about the impound. If not call around to some lawyers and see if they would be willing to help you on the grounds of Probono or just see what they say about the matter and then get the people involved that need to be, since the accident wasn't your fault it should cost you much if anything. I'll ask my mother if she can find out some facts that will aid you even though we are in 2 dif states some laws might be the same. She is a court reporter and knows many judges and lawyers so the best i can do for ya bud is just ask.

Doc

Vehicle insurance is not required on scooters, but I apparently was covered under my dad's insurance as I am a family member living with them. I will talk to him and see what he can find out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for you guys   Quick question for you guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick question for you guys
Page 1 of 1