Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Windows Live to be retired

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wakko

Wakko

Windows Live to be retired Empty
PostSubject: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:41 pm

http://www.webmonkey.com/2012/05/microsoft-puts-windows-live-brand-out-to-pasture

Microsoft is getting ready to ditch the “Windows Live” moniker for the company’s suite of online services like mail, messaging, syncing and account management. The changes to Microsoft’s cloud offerings will be more than skin deep though, the revamped Windows Live services will be tightly integrated into the coming Windows 8 operating system.

read more at the link above.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:40 am

the windows 8 op system looks weird... almost intimidating. my boyfriend's brother is a network technician and also does stuff with microsoft, he never fully explained exactly what he does anyways i digress. microsoft had sent him a laptop with windows 8 on it and he showed me. i was kinda blown away with... kinda reminded me of the microsoft phone because they have the menu thing going on...
Back to top Go down
STEELHED
Admin
STEELHED

PostSubject: Re: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Thats part of their new gig.. Touchscreen destop, thumb scrolling etc... I have yet to see it but, read about it... Dunno if I really wanna beta test it..LoL If ya know what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm

i would wait for the full version personally. i do admit it does look cool but intimidating at the same time
Back to top Go down
TheFotty

TheFotty

PostSubject: Re: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:03 am

I am running Windows 8 right now on a desktop and a laptop, neither of which have touch screen.

Certainly some getting used to, but if you are used to Windows 7, then it isn't too far removed from what you have been using. Clearly the biggest change is the start menu going away and the start screen replacing it. Overall I think it is a good direction to go in. Don't fragment things like Apple does between 2 operating systems. Create one operating system and give both the desktop and the touch/tablet interface all in one. Needs to be done correctly, but I think MS has done a good job here. Not perfect yet for sure, but getting better with each release I have used so far.
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

PostSubject: Re: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:42 am

Well my whole issue is that early releases of Win8 had the start menu, and for some strange reason MS decided instead of allowing for an easy transition period to ram it down people's throats.

As a developer, tester, and system administrator... this is painful for the users. They should have implemented a system which allows the users to SELECT and CONFIGURE their preferences instead of ram rodding it down their throats without an option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows Live to be retired   Windows Live to be retired Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows Live to be retired
Page 1 of 1