Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SgtScott

SgtScott

Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Empty
PostSubject: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:06 am

Available on Steam. Single player and multiplayer. Yeah baby. cheers
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Downloading it now. Thanks for the heads up, Scott. Maybe we should play some tonight?

EDIT: Ok, Scott. I downloaded and played a couple of rounds of SP. It looks like it could be great fun. Unfortunately, in order to play MP, you need to send a friend an invite. Any idea on how to do this? Looked in the menu and couldn't find where to do it. Do you need to send a Steam invite? If so, I'll need to get you guys added as Steam friends. Maybe everyone who plays racing games can leave their Steam account name on this thread so we can add everyone as friends. My Steam name is agent_x_.

OK, I found you through -L2-'s friend list and sent you both a friend request. SgtScotty, right? I also found W@KKO, MadMonster, The Mad DoctorX, and a few others. Once I get some of you added, then I just need to send a game invite and that should unlock the MP? Also, I guess I need to get added to the S&H Steam group. Can someone send me an invite. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

AFTER FIRST RACE ENDS IN SINGLE PLAYER IT GIVES YOU OPTIONS. cLICK ON CHALLENGE A FRIEMD. Choose like my name and it should work. i am having problems myself. I keep getting message that Im not logged into steam which is wrong, I know you also got to set up that racenet account and link it to your steam account. Pretty easy
Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Multiplayer is working for me now. maybe it took a few minutes to link racenet with steam. Got to go be back later.
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Yep, I got MP working now as well. The key was getting the racenet thing setup and linked to Steam. Thanks for the tip, Scott. The demolition derby is great fun! This game definitely has potential to beat GRID as our "go to" game on Race Night.

Link for Racenet for everyone:
www.racenet.codemasters.com
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:36 am

Anyone getting extreme lag when the game starts, not even just the playing, but the intro and the menu control system is extremely slow on my system. No idea what's up.

Running a steam defrag and verifying installation now.
____

OK defrag didn't do anything, verifying install looks like a file was corrupted; however, it doesn't fix the problem.

Running 2x560 TIs and the only way I can even play the game is to drop my resolution to 1600x900 & run ultra low graphics...

WTF?
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:13 am

OK, disabling SLI seems to help a little bit, but not much... I'm still running at 1600x900 with low settings just to get this darn game to work, though it is a bit smoother now than before.

Running the latest nVidia beta drivers, 301.24.... thoughts?
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:22 am

@Wakko, I'm running GTX460's in SLI and at ultra settings with no lag. Your dual 560's are definitely a better setup, so maybe it's the beta drivers. I'm running the previous one (296.10) and you might try reverting back to see if that works out better for you.
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:27 pm

I just reinstalled all of my drivers from the EVGA page, not from Nvidia... including Precision X v3.0.2 and it seems to run a hell of a lot smoother now.

The same version of drivers... Though in Dirt it seems to not use SLI any how, defaulting to card 1.
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Yep, I am running 460SE's in SLI and it reverts to card 1 as well, which doesn't present any problems for me. Running everything on high and smooth as silk. This may be due to the driver (in the car), not sure. scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
SgtScott

SgtScott

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

I would 2nd that assumption.....LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .   Playin Dirt Showdown Demo . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playin Dirt Showdown Demo .
Page 1 of 1