Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Empty
PostSubject: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

I think that the artwork that I used to make the S&H Forum Avatar (like the one I'm currently using) would make a really nice logo for our Battlelog Platoon page. Since the original artwork is 388x388, reducing it to 320x320 for the Platoon logo also keeps most of the detail that is somewhat lost when I used it for the Forum Avatar (which is only 150x150). To give you an idea, here are a couple of mockups I made that I would like the community to consider (maybe we can discuss it at our upcoming meeting):

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo SHBF3PlatoonLogo1

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo SHBF3PlatoonLogo2

Of course, these are only mockups and changes can be made, if desired (such as the border color). I believe the Battlelog Platoon page is an important recruitment tool and this logo presents a powerful, professional look to our community. I really like how "Strength" is represented by the shield and "Honor" with the ribbon while the eagle symbolizes both "Strength & Honor". Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:07 pm

AGENT-X wrote:
I really like how "Strength" is represented by the shield and "Honor" with the ribbon while the eagle symbolizes both "Strength & Honor". Any thoughts?
This is an awesome logo, Agent. I like seeing "Gaming Group" at the bottom.
scratch Just an idea, but maybe some natural coloring and a cool backdrop?
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:41 pm

-L2- wrote:
This is an awesome logo, Agent. I like seeing "Gaming Group" at the bottom.
scratch Just an idea, but maybe some natural coloring and a cool backdrop?

That's beyond my capabilities at the moment. I'm just using Paint and don't have access to a professional program like Photoshop. If there are any "wannabe" graphic artists out there that can take it and improve on it, I welcome their input. I'll send the original artwork to anyone who would like to take a shot at making the logo even better.
Back to top Go down
The MAD Doctor

The MAD Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:43 pm

If you don't mind, i'd like to take a crack at it. I dabble a bit in graphic design. I use photoshop and flash as well as a few others. Also by the way, you don't really need an expensive program like photoshop or paint shop pro. There is a program that i also use called Gimp. Here is the link http://www.gimp.org/ it's basically like photoshop for the only exception that you can do some stuff a bit easier in photoshop than gimp but still you end up with the same results.

Doc
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks Doc. I sent you a PM with the artwork. If there are any other "budding artists" out that would also like to take a shot at improving the logo, here is the original artwork that I found on the internet.

Original Artwork:
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo StrengthHonorLogo

Original Artwork with an ampersand added:
Our Battlelog Platoon Logo StrengthHonorLogo2

To make it into our Battlelog Platoon Logo, it will need to be 320x320. Also, L2 indicated that he'd like to see "Gaming Group" added like I did in my second example in the original post. Of course, you are free to experiment with other fonts, sizes and colors for "Gaming Group". For my example, I used size 20 Gabriola font with italics and bold. I like the Gabriola font and also used it for "Strength & Honor" in my sigs (without the bold). It has a classy look to it, but I know that there are also plenty of other fonts that could work as well. Another thing to consider is the Battlelog background which is white while our forum background is black. So, it will need to look nice with it surrounded by white.
Back to top Go down
The MAD Doctor

The MAD Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Np, I got your pm. I didn't get a chance to work on it yet, i had to take my gf to the emergency room last night. Everything is ok for now, but i should have something for you either mid day tomorrow (saturday) or the evening before race night. I'll see if i can catch ya on TS so we could discuss it a bit more. But i'm pretty sure that I've got an idea of what your looking for.

Doc
Back to top Go down
The MAD Doctor

The MAD Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:36 pm

So what do you think? The small problems that needed to be fixed were fixed. If there is anything else that you want done just let me know. The pic size is 320x320 as requested

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo SHLogofin320x320
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 pm

That's great looking, Doc. There are a couple of stray white dots that could use filling in: like on the right end of the ribbon, along the right wheat wreath, and under some of the feathers (white area on the left between 1st and 2nd feather near the eagle's body, another between the 7th and 8th feathers on the right, and again between the 11th and 12th). Also, on the left end, it looks like the ribbon got doubled up (there seems to be two points at the ends). Plus, the left and right sides don't seem to have a straight edges at about a third of the way down and again at about two thirds the way down. Odd, because when I copied the pic, it has straight black edges. Maybe it's because the gray is "bleeding" between the black and gold edges and the black background cancels out the black edge leaving an uneven gray edge? But other than that little nitpicking, it is a fine looking logo. Great job, Doc! cheers

EDIT: Here's my attempt to "fix" what I noted above. Note: it still has the black/gold border, but you can't see the black due to the background. I did make it a little thicker, though, to get rid of the gray "bleed through" (I made both the black and gold edges 3 pixels thick).

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo SHLogofin320x320
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Hey doc the Platoon logo looks great!
nice work.Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Bravo-009
Back to top Go down
The MAD Doctor

The MAD Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks, just glad you guys like it.

Doc
Back to top Go down
AGENT-X

AGENT-X

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:00 am

Doc, here is my attempt to "rebuild" the shield that became black along the top and upper left. You probably could restore it better than me, but I took my best shot so I could show you what I was talking about. This pic was the basis that I used to create the new 150x150 forum avatars.

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo SHLogo320x320

Link to the new, updated S&H Avatars: https://strengthandhonor.forumotion.net/t2333-new-updated-sh-avatars#10383
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Battlelog Platoon Logo   Our Battlelog Platoon Logo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Battlelog Platoon Logo
Page 1 of 1