Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
A little confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
A little confused! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
A little confused! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
A little confused! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
A little confused! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
A little confused! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
A little confused! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
A little confused! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
A little confused! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

A little confused!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FFOman

FFOman

A little confused! Empty
PostSubject: A little confused!   A little confused! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:57 am

I finally picked up a new headset yesterday and hope to be able to talk online with you all within a day or two. Right now I'm trying out the SP part of BF3 and reading the strategy guide for MP, but I have a couple questions I need answered if anyone can...!
First, I hadn't been aware that no matter how I logon to BF3 it does so thru Origen and the ID I setup there. My EA account name isn't showing but when I went to the Gun Club to pickup my new sidearm it stated it would only appear if I logon with the EA ID. Is it best to change the current ID's or create new ones to match so that all is connected? How are others handling this?
Also, I used to play on a BF2142 server where we employed TeamSpeak for in-game comms. But in BF3 I didn't see anyway to turn the standard voice provisions off. Again, how is everyone handling this and which method is prefferred in BF3?
Thanx in advance!
Back to top Go down
Travis32

Travis32

A little confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little confused!   A little confused! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

mmm... try logging in with your email, not your in game name or vice-versa. so if your ingame name is FFOmanKilla try logging in with that and if that doesn't work, than your email. Or just have EA send you your Origin name via email.

TS is not used for in-game comms, Battlelog does this. As I have never used the in game comms, I am not aware of the correct button to push. You can look this up though. Good luck and look forward to gaming with you.

Travis
Back to top Go down
FFOman

FFOman

A little confused! Empty
PostSubject: RE: A little Confused...Coming along slowly!   A little confused! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:01 pm

I think I can setup the in-game comms between squad members via a keystroke or voice activation. I just need to find the settings. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the headphones setup so I can hear anything yet! I'm using a Real-tech Audio Manager which should allow me to quickly switch between my basic computer speaker system...a 3-way desktop speaker set, my home surround speakers via digital output directly to my Onkyo Amplifier...( Great for damaging the eardrums during artillary strikes, and my Corsair headset/mic system which I normally would want as my default for all games. But so far I can't seem to get them working except for system sounds and application takeover! Doesn't make any sense to me so I think I'll just have to call the computer company tech support first thing Monday morning. That should do the trick I think. And if it does, I'll catch up with you all on TS Monday evening. In the meantime I'm refining my mouse setup and other options via the SP part of the game. So far so good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A little confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little confused!   A little confused! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little confused!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Battlefield Series :: BF3-
Jump to: