Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Missing squad leaders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buck~Naked

Missing squad leaders Empty
PostSubject: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 am

While playing on your server last night I noticed a few things and wondered if anyone else noticed. Some squad did not have squad leaders and at times it looked like some squad had more than 4 members
Back to top Go down
-L2-

-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:08 am

I have noticed that if the squad leader is in a vehicle, the vehicle will show at the top of your list and the squad members will show listed below it. On hardcore mode you are only allowed to spawn on your squad leader.
Back to top Go down
Buck~Naked

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:32 am

Yes I noticed that about vehicles, but several of us found that certain squads did not have leaders last night. It wasn't just in our squad if you looked through the squads some had a leader marked by the star and some didn't. I tried jumping around and if the squad had a leader when I joined then I could spawn on them but if I jumped into a squad where no one had the star indicating leader then you were stuck spawning at a flag. Is this a known issue with squads? Is there a way to select or elect someone as the leader?
Back to top Go down
Kyitty

Kyitty

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 am

Interesting. I could spawn on any of my squad mates last night (mostly played on the Rush server). Though I only recall seeing a "Star" above squad member's vehicles as they drove around.

But last night was my first time playing multiplayer too. So I wasn't paying attention to those kind of details too much.
Back to top Go down
Buck~Naked

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:07 am

Ok I'm not insane, when I didn't see anyone else post here about this issue I thought maybe I was seeing things but it happened again last ngiht. Four of us were in a squad playing on your CQ server and during the first game we had a suqad leader and could spawn on him or him on us. After the map changed no one in our squad had the leader indicator and no one could spawn on anyone else. We all left the squad, started another and one of us was the leader and it seemed to be OK. Is this a know issue?
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:36 am

its not just you i've seen this also i'm not sure why it happens.
but they have issues with just trying to join squads or switching squads
but i'm sure or hope they will address this at some point.
Back to top Go down
Buck~Naked

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 am

Just wondered because I haven't seen anyone else mention this. Its not an issue on servers that don't set spawn on leader.
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 am

we have to have these settings for our server to be hard core we set these this way to get people to our server after we get a good group of people populating server we will change some settings but for now we want it to come up hard core and not as custum to get some people to our server.
Back to top Go down
Buck~Naked

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm

That last part was not meant to be a comment on your settings just a general observation about why I hadn't seen the issue on other servers. My friends and I have been trying to come in and play because we like how you guys run the servers. Hope they program a server queue soon so we can get in when it gets full again. Smile
Back to top Go down
MoNgOoSe

MoNgOoSe

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:37 pm

there are settings on the server side that allows you to join on any player but then it is not considered hard core. we have are settings set to hard core to get those who like hard core but the way the settings are for hard core you can only spawn on the sqaud leader but sometimes it doesent work for some reason. and thank you for joining our server we try to be fair so everyone can have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Kyitty wrote:
Interesting. I could spawn on any of my squad mates last night (mostly played on the Rush server). Though I only recall seeing a "Star" above squad member's vehicles as they drove around.

But last night was my first time playing multiplayer too. So I wasn't paying attention to those kind of details too much.
Squad Leader can join on any member in the squad

Buck~Naked wrote:
Ok I'm not insane, when I didn't see anyone else post here about this issue I thought maybe I was seeing things but it happened again last ngiht. Four of us were in a squad playing on your CQ server and during the first game we had a suqad leader and could spawn on him or him on us. After the map changed no one in our squad had the leader indicator and no one could spawn on anyone else. We all left the squad, started another and one of us was the leader and it seemed to be OK. Is this a know issue?

Yes it is a known bug.

Buck~Naked wrote:
That last part was not meant to be a comment on your settings just a general observation about why I hadn't seen the issue on other servers. My friends and I have been trying to come in and play because we like how you guys run the servers. Hope they program a server queue soon so we can get in when it gets full again. Smile

Server queue is already coded into the game but is disabled at the moment.
To be allowed in a future patch.

I think it would be safe to say that server stability is priority #1.
there have been 2 server side patches since launch. I forsee a few more patches for stability issues then hopefully they will get working on the game bugs.
Back to top Go down
Kyitty

Kyitty

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Ironman wrote:

Squad Leader can join on any member in the squad

I think it would be safe to say that server stability is priority #1.
there have been 2 server side patches since launch. I forsee a few more patches for stability issues then hopefully they will get working on the game bugs.

I must have been a squad leader then. Makes sense I guess. Smile

I will say, the client side bug that needs fixed pretty badly is the one that glitches and allows me to die in combat. Sad It happens quite a lot. lol Joking aside, my biggest problems were related to Origin and their horrible install process.

Now that I'm up and running, my game runs pretty smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing squad leaders   Missing squad leaders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing squad leaders
Page 1 of 1