Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Strength & Honor

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
{S&H} SERVER DONATIONS
Photobucket
Code of Conduct
Photobucket
Latest topics
» Hey Y'all, Its Phingies
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm by MoNgOoSe

» World of War Ships member footage
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am by Shootist75

» A little history into the BF series..
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm by The MAD Doctor

» My BF1 beta impressions...
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 am by STEELHED

» Good Price
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm by STEELHED

» Long Time No See
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am by Travis32

» Battlefield One open beta available to everyone Aug 31st
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am by STEELHED

» Battlefield One Beta Discussion..
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm by lurkin727

» Anyone still alive?
Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm by lurkin727

Ban Appeals
Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Black Screen Flickering in BC2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nimmer

Nimmer

Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Empty
PostSubject: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:24 am

Most players and devs seem to think it is a driver issue but considering both AMD and Nvidia have it makes some to believe it is a game problem. Someone suggested that high levels of AA and bloom are the exact culprit.

I tried turning bloom to False and the flickering has completely stopped.
(AMD 6970 Crossfire)

Crash to Desktop are still there (80% of the time the CTD are because of me checking scoreboard after I die and the other 20% are sound related)

There is also a new patch on the way Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

I haven't encountered any black screen flickering myself, but I can verify that I most of the time when I CTD it's because of pressing the TAB button to check the scoreboard. Now about the Patch you mentioned... Curious. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm

From EA Forums. not allot of fixes for 12 Gigs
OP http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-patch-feedback/1419876-client-r11-beta-patch-795745-a-3.html

DICE has produced a candidate for the next game client update for BFBC2 PC. If this is deemed good enough, it will become the official patch, and will be pushed out to everyone. For now though, the patch is still in Beta.

House rules:
You install and run the patch at your own risk.
The Beta client can only play against a couple of special Beta game servers.
You are expected to report problems and overall impressions in this forum (BC2 PC Patch Feedback - Electronic Arts UK Community).

Should I install the Beta Patch?

If you are technically minded and you want to try it out, feel free to do so.
If you just want to play the game, wait until the full release takes place.

How do I install the Beta Patch?

First off, this will only work with the non-Steam version. The updater will refuse to update over the Steam version.

Ensure that you have at least 12GB free disk space.
Download the offline-updater archive here (http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bf...tch_795745.exe) - total size 2,616,282,167 bytes
Locate the directory where you have installed BFBC2 -- usually it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2".
Make a copy of that directory. Name that copy "BFBC2 - R10". This is your backup, in case you want to play the non-Beta version of BFBC2; if so, launch BFBC2Game.exe inside of that directory.
Lauch the offline-updater. It should decompress some files to a temp directory; locate your BFBC2 installation directory; ask if you want to update to version 795745; then spend ~15 minutes applying the update.

How do I run the Beta Patch?

Launch "BFBC2Game.exe" in your "Battlefield Bad Company 2" directory.

THere are about 10 test servers up - some in Amsterdam, some over on the US East coast.

What are the changes?

Removed some memory leaks
Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes)
Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
Minor performance improvements
Reduced rubberbanding on >24player servers

What should I look out for?

Any problems that you didn't use to have with the old version, but has with the new version.
Especially the process of installing the patch seems to be fragile. Describe your experience.

Ok, then what?

DICE will monitor this forum. Depending on the response we either pulalalala out to everyone or continue working on it.

Some thanks

Thanks to those players who have helped us by running special debug builds on their own machines over the past year. Also cheers to the folks in noobgroup for doing the first round of validation of this latest patch.
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 pm

wow thanks Iron for the details
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Be warned if you Install the Beta there is no going back to old version unless you re install the game
Back to top Go down
Shootist75

Shootist75

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:47 am

What are the changes?

Removed some memory leaks
Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes)
Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
Minor performance improvements
Reduced rubberbanding on >24player servers

"Clantag is remembered when using auto-login". Thats awesome!
Back to top Go down
Nimmer

Nimmer

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 am

FYI Changing BLOOM to False has completely stopped the flickering. I am up to 30 hours of game play and not one sign.

Crash to Desktop is still there, the amount is randomly random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Screen Flickering in BC2   Black Screen Flickering in BC2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Screen Flickering in BC2
Page 1 of 1