Photobucket
Geo-Locator
BF4 Stats
Photobucket
BF3 Stats
Photobucket
TS3 66.150.214.9:8640

Share | 

Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
{S&H} Niquita

PostSubject: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:57 pm

I was just wondering on posting some of my experiences here. However not being a christian i am unsure as to what to do.

At the moment as a practicing Bhuddist i realise that i am probably in the minority but was just curious.

I do however appreciate the verses of the day and Stories that 3rd bat passes on to us and has really opened my eyes as to how intolerant i have been recently of the truly devout.

(For those who know im in the army the reasoning behind me choosign the term bhuddist is that i practice therir ways of meditation and try to justify my actions through rational thought. i also visit my local Venerable regularly.)

I suppose this is a pretty personal post to but on the forum but i am only looking for information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yonni

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:31 pm

{S&H} Niquita wrote:
I was just wondering on posting some of my experiences here. However not being a christian i am unsure as to what to do.

At the moment as a practicing Bhuddist i realise that i am probably in the minority but was just curious.

I do however appreciate the verses of the day and Stories that 3rd bat passes on to us and has really opened my eyes as to how intolerant i have been recently of the truly devout.

(For those who know im in the army the reasoning behind me choosign the term bhuddist is that i practice therir ways of meditation and try to justify my actions through rational thought. i also visit my local Venerable regularly.)

I suppose this is a pretty personal post to but on the forum but i am only looking for information.

That's a great question Niquita and one that we all face when there is so much religious diversity around us. For me personally the trick is to find the good in every message and how does it apply to me. Not only does this apply to things posted here but with every religion. Let me give a little background so you can understand my position. Am I religious, Yes, Am I christian, yes, do I believe there is a one true religion yes, BUT, I also believe that every religion or belief system has some form of truth in it, and although the perspective may be different I can still find a way to apply it to my life. This is kinda unorthodox for most to accept because most religions say it this way or the highway to hell, many in my own religion believe this. It comes a time where you will learn to accept others beliefs and the way they worship while holding on to your own beliefs. I'll admit it can be very difficult to have tolerance for some beliefs, but it is worth it to accept someone for who they are and what they believe then to miss out of an opportunity of friendship.

So with 3rdbat's posting's if you read them understand that it is up to you to decide how to receive the message and apply it however you wish, or not read them at all, it's not like it's forced upon you. Anyways I hope this mumble jumble wasn't too confusing.

And I encourage you to post your personal experiences, everyone has a different perspective and I enjoy seeing what others think and how that way of thinking came about.

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:40 pm

I am an atheist and somewhat of an anti-theist Laughing

but aslong as no1 annoys me with their beliefs, then I won't stir up any trouble.
I don't read 3rdbats stories or verses because I generally see all religion as not-so-clever Wink

Aslong as people don't tell me "you were owned coz ur a god hater" or something retarded like that, then I won't stir up a can of mr. Awesome anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mullet Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Wow yonni very well put. It is all how you take it. And to set flo... I dont really understand how its possible to be atheist??? I can honestly understand the agnostic, but for me to say that this is all a form of chaotic events would be silly on my part... Someone told me one time that the one thing about science is that there will always be more to learn and things we dont know. At one point we belived the world to be flat. So I Know now i will never have it all figured out so I stopped trying. With all due respect set_flo I wouldnt mind hearing why you belive religion to be "not so clever." maybe that way you could hear some of our opinions, seeing as how you put your opinion out there.

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:06 am

Mullet Hunter wrote:
Wow yonni very well put. It is all how you take it. And to set flo... I dont really understand how its possible to be atheist??? I can honestly understand the agnostic, but for me to say that this is all a form of chaotic events would be silly on my part... Someone told me one time that the one thing about science is that there will always be more to learn and things we dont know. At one point we belived the world to be flat. So I Know now i will never have it all figured out so I stopped trying. With all due respect set_flo I wouldnt mind hearing why you belive religion to be "not so clever." maybe that way you could hear some of our opinions, seeing as how you put your opinion out there.

I just have radical views and don't wanna start a war inside the clan coz of something so silly, so I'd rather not talk about it.

but here's atleast a response to your content:
as to the chaotic part - this universe isn't a complete chaos, brush up on ur physics and u'll see Wink

as to world being flat...thx to religion and people not wanting to challenge it, it was believed for a long time, till science came Wink
then again science never had a beginning, as even neanderthals had it.

as to not trying. well there's religion for ya, I as an atheist am more into the science part, so I'll never stop trying Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STEELHED
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:44 am

Isaiah 40:22

22 "It is He who sits above the (circle) of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."

Somehow i think they knew the earth was round.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
set_flo

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 am

STEELHED wrote:
Isaiah 40:22

22 "It is He who sits above the (circle) of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."

Somehow i think they knew the earth was round.

strange that only "scholars" could read tho, nd nway even if they did, why didn't they? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-L2-

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 am

A misconception that people have in dealing with life's troubles is that it's wrong to ask why. That a Christian simply accepts and never questions. It's not a sin to doubt. Disbelief is a sin. But questioning and sincerely seeking is acceptable to God, because in the presence of God you may ask any question you want. God never turns his back on those who ask honest questions. He never did, He never will. So if you're asking honest questions of God He will not turn away from you. Perhaps the reason that we don't have the answers to the whys of our existence, is because we haven't the capacity to understand the answer. In learning to depend on God, I never let my decisions be made on the basis of opinion or popularity. The majority is not alsways right. You must listen to what comes from the heart. You're on your way to becoming a disciple when you can keep a clear head and a pure heart.

"Selfish interests must be subordinate to our common goal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{S&H} Niquita

PostSubject: Thank you.   Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you for answering my questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefty

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 am

I know this is an old thread but I feel that I need to add to it and hopefully get some feedback from you fellows. I find myself conflicted lately on how I feel about religion. A little background, I was raised Soutern Baptist and attended a very strict korean congregation. I couldn't help but notice as I became a teenager that there was so much hypocrisy among some members as well as the leadership of the church. Many were so concerned about money and status, a contradiction to Jesus' teachings, that I became confused and somewhat bitter towards some of my fellow christians at the time. Eventually this mentality drove me away from the church and I haven't attended since I was about 14 yrs old. I started to study and learn about other religions in the world and came to a conclusion much like Yonni stated earlier, all religions have some truth to them. I also have an interest in science and astronomy, but through my studies in science I have always kept my spirituality and never had an atheistic view of the world. The more I learned about our universe the more I saw the chaos of it balanced in an very precise orderly way. To me this was perfection, a perfection that could not just happen by chance. Like set_flo I too have some very radical views about religion, life and society. I know we will never know the absolute truth about this world and I honestly can say, I don't believe there is one true religion presently. I still do think there are many things wrong with organized religion today and lately something in my head is telling me 'do something about it'. I don't really know what my point is, I guess I just want to know if there is someone out there that feels like I do. I want to be devout but I see many flaws in religion. I know that I will never know it all and I think that is where my problem lies, I want to know it all.

'No one should fool himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise by the world's standards, he should become a fool, in order to be really wise. For what this world considers to be wisdom is nonsense in God's sight.'

I Corinthians 3:18-19
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.   

Back to top Go down

Please may i have the lowdown on the fellowship hall.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1